Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIs on CITI DC and Simplicity.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLIs on CITI DC and Simplicity.

I was pretty bummed about my two Citi cards (DC and Simplicity) both sitting at $4,800 each.  I read the forums and found out Citi usually does not combine limits.  Then I stumbled across the fact that you can get a soft pull CLI after 6 months of holding the card.  Have had both a year each.  Both cards went from $4,800 to $6,300 each.  That's $1,500 on each.  I was extremely happy about it.  I have 9 credit cards and only one has a limit below $5000.  It sits at $4,250.

I made it.  I finally made it. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLIs on CITI DC and Simplicity.

Congrats on getting a SP CLI on both cards. I feel that the more i read on here the more i stumble upon super great information from SP CLI to APR reduction. Good luck in 6 months when you try again.

Message 2 of 9
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was pretty bummed about my two Citi cards (DC and Simplicity) both sitting at $4,800 each.  I read the forums and found out Citi usually does not combine limits.  Then I stumbled across the fact that you can get a soft pull CLI after 6 months of holding the card.  Have had both a year each.  Both cards went from $4,800 to $6,300 each.  That's $1,500 on each.  I was extremely happy about it.  I have 9 credit cards and only one has a limit below $5000.  It sits at $4,250.

Yea, I got that bump amount too today.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Be sure to save the date in 6 months you should be able to get another SP CLI.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are actually fairly decent starting limits on Citi cards. They will grow continually with SP CLI's every 6 months. 

Message 5 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Happy Congratulations to your new CLI's for both Citi cards too!

Finally got back on the Citi SP CLI schedule again after a fairly long delay this time around.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Seeing all this Citi luv gives hope to the rest of us!

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sweet, wish i can join you at the CreditConSmiley Wink. You know ill never see the day wherei have all 5k cards when you see i have an 800 sunglass hut lolSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 9
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To some being happy that almost all your cards are above 5k looks shallow or bragging. The reality is with so much available credit, you can keep yourself afloat even through hard times. For instance any emergency that requires thousands of dollars in a short amount of time. With 45k or so available to you, even if you let two 2.5k statements cut, that's only around 11% UTI and that won't really lower your credit too much. Which means if you need to take out another card to do a balance transfer or what not, you can stabilze the situation so your credit isn't ruined by collections.

When unexpected things occur in our lives it's very important to be able to stay a float. Good job on keeping prepared and your CLI's.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.