Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNB Visa Signature Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CNB Visa Signature Approval

The card came in the mail, the CL is $5k.
Message 21 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whats the minimum for the Crystal?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have some DPs to share?

Congratulations! on the approval.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the Frequent Miler website dated October 15, 2018 they had a report on the Crystal Card. The interviewer asked the CNB Banker what income was required? His response was: $100K+ income? If you get through the hoops required just to be able to apply for the card, you still might not get approved. CNB is looking for high net worth customers. One banker I talked with wouldn’t give me a hard and fast rule, but said something like “$100K or more income would be good.” I’m sure people have been approved with lower incomes, but if you earn much less than that, it’s probably not worth your time applying.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income is a factor but people get approved with under $100k incomes. I've anecdotally read of a $75k income getting approved (iirc, that person was in NYC as well). Net worth has more to do with than just income - there are plenty of people who make $100k that don't have any assets because they're in debt up to their eyeballs with student loans. I felt pretty confident about my net worth, that's why I asked for the reason of denial for the Crystal card. I'm actually glad she said it was derogatories on my report, and that I should be able to upgrade to the Crystal card in the future. Rest assured I will post on this forum, maybe update this post, once I can upgrade to the Crystal card.
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Income is a factor but people get approved with under $100k incomes. I've anecdotally read of a $75k income getting approved (iirc, that person was in NYC as well). Net worth has more to do with than just income - there are plenty of people who make $100k that don't have any assets because they're in debt up to their eyeballs with student loans. I felt pretty confident about my net worth, that's why I asked for the reason of denial for the Crystal card. I'm actually glad she said it was derogatories on my report, and that I should be able to upgrade to the Crystal card in the future. Rest assured I will post on this forum, maybe update this post, once I can upgrade to the Crystal card.

Well let's continue this, anecdotally the card was created several years back (around 2015) because City National Bank did not have a higher level card to use with their upper income high net worth customers that they perceived from a marketing perspective, as big spenders. The bank never really aimed it at the regular folks. In reading the Frequent Miler I got the impression that the CNB Bankers were vague on the rules of approval. Orginally, they were even snotty with me. My interest in this card product wanders back to 2015. Felt the card could be sweeter with URL points from Chase but, I liked the benefits (whether I would use most of them is a question). So I am interested in your kicking their door in as they always made me feel like "don't bother us." No, I was not impressed with CNB. After reading your post and researching the current bank foot print, I find that CNB set up a Regional Center (2017) in my state (very interesting). Want to see how this will play out. Smiley Frustrated

Message 26 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well let's continue this, anecdotally the card was created several years back (around 2015) because City National Bank did not have a higher level card to use with their upper income high net worth customers that they perceived from a marketing perspective, as big spenders. The bank never really aimed it at the regular folks. In reading the Frequent Miler I got the impression that the CNB Bankers were vague on the rules of approval. Orginally, they were even snotty with me. My interest in this card product wanders back to 2015. Felt the card could be sweeter with URL points from Chase but, I liked the benefits (whether I would use most of them is a question). So I am interested in your kicking their door in as they always made me feel like "don't bother us." No, I was not impressed with CNB. After reading your post and researching the current bank foot print, I find that CNB set up a Regional Center (2017) in my state (very interesting). Want to see how this will play out. Smiley Frustrated

I agree that the card product was developed as a benefit to their banking clients but morphed into a tool to attract potential clients. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.