Did you mean: 

CSP 19 YEARS OLD APPROVED $12k SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP 19 YEARS OLD APPROVED $12k SL

WOW! Before I get into anything please see stats below: 

Pulled EX

Income: $55,000 (working, not in college)

FICO 8: 758

AAoA: 8 months

Accounts: 2 credit cards, 1 SSL

1. Chase Freedom $1000 (opened 10/16)
  2. Capital One QS $750 (opened 11/16)
  3. Alliant SSL $500 (opened 06/17)

INQ: 3

UTI: 1%

Other Chase Accounts: Checking, Savings (approx $15k)

Applied in branch 2 days ago on 10/20 and originally got 7-10 message on screen. The 888 status number said 30 days and the 800 credit card number then dialing #31 said 2 weeks. I spoke to CSR and they said they needed to mail me a document that I needed to sign as I am under 21 because of CARD, but I already have a card with them and several accounts, whatever...

LOW AND BEHOLD, I log in this morning and what do I see in my account! CSP approved for $12,000 SL! WOW. Could have gotten CSR if only I had known!

Proof for those other youngsters who are earning income and building responsible credit usage that you can really get up there! I just, not so patiently, waited a year of gardening my Freedom. But, I did move my assets and direct deposits over to Chase from Schwab (they're going back soon now) because I know they like seeing your assets in a banking relationship and this is proof!

(update: attached is the amazing window I saw this morning)

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 10.24.15 AM 2.png

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP 19 YEARS OLD APPROVED $12k SL

Thats really interesting that they had you sign a document, I am under 21 too and never have had too. Congrats though!

Message 2 of 24
RootDet
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  When you first got a Chase card, did you need to prove income by chance?

I have been wondering how they fulfill the requitement to ensure you have financial means of repayment. When the card act first went in and I was 19, Chase kept telling me the card act prevenetd them from giving me an increase until i turned 21. 

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RootDet wrote:

Congratulations!  When you first got a Chase card, did you need to prove income by chance?

I have been wondering how they fulfill the requitement to ensure you have financial means of repayment. When the card act first went in and I was 19, Chase kept telling me the card act prevenetd them from giving me an increase until i turned 21. 

I have gotten a CLI before. 

Message 4 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job, no literaly great job lolSmiley Happy Enjoy your new limitSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RootDet wrote:

I have been wondering how they fulfill the requitement to ensure you have financial means of repayment. When the card act first went in and I was 19, Chase kept telling me the card act prevenetd them from giving me an increase until i turned 21

Weird. I didn't need to provide POI, probably becuase my direct deposits went into my Chase checking when I first got my Freedom. And I got an auto-CLI 5 months in from my original $500 to $1000.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Great job, no literaly great job lolSmiley Happy Enjoy your new limitSmiley Happy

Thanks, Joe! I am super excited! Now I can finally book an extended hotel stay and put it on my credit card and not pay with debit!

Though I am sad to trade in my spade for a seedling. Though it shall become a spade once again Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats really interesting that they had you sign a document, I am under 21 too and never have had too. Congrats though!

Weird thing is I didn't need to sign the document...or maybe I will once I receive it. But the account number was issued and it shows up in my account, so definitely approved!

Once I get the doc in the mail, I will report back with what it says.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new card! Smiley Happy

Very jealous as that is my dream card. I recently applied and received an error code saying high balances/ close to limit, then I reconned and  then the code changed to no experience with $5k credit line (CSP Minimum). I was in shock as you have a way lower limit and got approved for $12k! Super Jelly!

Oh well worse case scenario, In-Branch Approval or PC from Freedom Unlimited. 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

Now to move $2,000 from the CSP to the Freedom, so it becomes slighly more usable for the big Walmart.com orders I want to do this bonus quarter Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.