Mega Contributor

Re: CSP 19 YEARS OLD APPROVED $12k SL

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 11 of 24
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Holy cow! Thats an amazing approval for being only 19 too! Use your credit wisely, and much congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Holy cow! Thats an amazing approval for being only 19 too! Use your credit wisely, and much congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy

Aw man! You mean no solid gold watches and platinum plated flatware? Smiley Very Happy

My parents have gone through a pretty bad bankruptcy, almost $2 million, while I was still living with them. I have a pretty dour image of financial irresponsibility etched in my brain that I don't think I'll ever forget. Thankfully I've leaned that lesson now before I became personally responsible for my own debts.

Message 13 of 24
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Aw man! You mean no solid gold watches and platinum plated flatware? Smiley Very Happy

My parents have gone through a pretty bad bankruptcy, almost $2 million, while I was still living with them. I have a pretty dour image of financial irresponsibility etched in my brain that I don't think I'll ever forget. Thankfully I've leaned that lesson now before I became personally responsible for my own debts.

Im sorry that you had to go thru that, and your parents. Believe me, its not fun, and downright humiliating, but Im sure you and your parents walked away from that with a whole new respect for debt and credit in general. Its a rough lesson to see, and go thru. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, and responsible. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Impressive @ 19. Be careful though.. Easy to over do it at that age.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and like anonymous said impressive at your age. Tread carefully and treat your credit wisely and you'll have a wonderful future. I wish you the best. Dv
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Green with envy at the SL. Love my CSP but the end goal is reserve - only no way in hell I wanted to risk 10k min over a CSP pre-approval when my highest existing line was $6k. Now my hope is pinned on folding in a Ritz & upgrading as a 5/24 offender. Killer approval with your demographics! Use it well
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Super weird that they "said" you had to sign a document though. I am also 19 (income, $54,000 but I am in college) They have given me two cards now at $5,000 SL, both instant approval. Maybe it's because both of my cards are cobranded? I have applied for the Freedom two or three times and I always get denied for "insufficient credit history". Either way, congrats!!

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!

Super weird that they "said" you had to sign a document though. I am also 19 (income, $54,000 but I am in college) They have given me two cards now at $5,000 SL, both instant approval. Maybe it's because both of my cards are cobranded? I have applied for the Freedom two or three times and I always get denied for "insufficient credit history". Either way, congrats!!

Right?? I read this forum: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-United-MileagePlus-Explorer-Application-Pending/td-p/4342838/page/3

And the exact same thing happened to Dom1! Under 21, app'ed in branch, first got 7-10 message on banker's screen, then 30 days, then 2 weeks. Called in and was told that it was necessary to sign this under 21 document. Exactly two days later...approved. Exact same timeline to a T!

It does seem to be that lenders have less stringent UW with cobranded cards, but the fact that they couldn't even approve you for a $500 SL given your other cards is strange!

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations and like anonymous said impressive at your age. Tread carefully and treat your credit wisely and you'll have a wonderful future. I wish you the best. Dv

Thank you all! I would not have had the knowledge and understanding of responsible credit without this forum! Next stop ED & PRG in a few months once I meet and pay off my bonus on CSP!

P.s. I'm getting "Special Offer For You" on my browser for 25k pts on ED for 2k spend and 50k pts on PRG for 2k spend as well. AMAZING!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.