Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP APPROVED @ 9/24

tag
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

CSP APPROVED @ 9/24

Couldn’t resist, as I didn’t want to lose an offer that showed up today and it was well worth it! Instant approval for $17,500 while being 9/24. Time for a long stint in the garden now!

I do have accounts with Chase and have a FU with a $500 limit. Asked for an increase on this card a few weeks ago and was denied due to having 2 Slate cards that were charged off to the tune of around $10K due to health issues.

Read that these offers are solid, had a solid APR and couldn’t resist.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: CSP APPROVED @ 9/24

Seeing that HAD to raise your confidence level several degrees Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations on making that effort and realizing a good strong result from it Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CSP approval and sweet SL! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 20
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

It did, didn’t need it till next year for Europe, but figured why not test the waters and see if the 5/24 bypass is legit, I’m sure ymmv but it was worth the double pull for me.
Message 4 of 20
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Be careful, a lot of people with less than perfect credit and/or higher recent new credit numbers and/or questionable history with Chase have reported that Chase has closed their brand new credit card 1-4 weeks after the card was received.

I'm bracing myself for being one of those people soon. I got a (shocking) approval for CSP and CFU cards a couple weeks ago, and I was ecstatic for about 1 week until I started reading horror stories. Apparently, lately with Chase, getting approved and receiving a card in the mail does NOT necessarily mean you're going to get to keep the card. There is still a good chance (especially w/ your 9/24 and old chargeoff chase accounts) that they'll decide to pull the plug on your new CSP card in a couple weeks. So my advice is to keep your excitement tempered, and lay low for a few weeks. Don't do any extravagent spending or apply for any new cards until the dust settles. And hopefully you (and I) will be lucky and get to keep our new cards - but honestly I've kind of lost hope that Chase will let me keep mine, I've already been coming up with contintency plans for if/when I get the bad news.

I swiped mine today at a restaurant just so I could feel good, at least once, about paying for something with that pretty metal card, while I still can.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 5 of 20
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

How long ago was your card approved? Fingers crossed!
Message 6 of 20
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Tito1183 wrote:
How long ago was your card approved? Fingers crossed!

12 days ago. As of this afternoon, it does still work... I figure in about 18 more days I can start to relax, if they haven't closed it by then.

One guy reported that his card worked fine for a month, until Chase suddenly closed it (and all of his other chase cards) one day. I think that was the longest timeframe between applying to closure so far.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and awesome SL!

Message 8 of 20
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

I’ve read of closures when they approve more than one Catt at the same time. I’ve had a $500 Freedom Unlimited for almost two years. EXP was 697 and TU 687 at application. Hope it’s a keeper!
Message 9 of 20
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

You are braver than I am. I'm at 8/24 with two Chase cards, and I'm not initiating contact with them until I'm under 5/24 in May 2021.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.