Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP APPROVED WITH BK7 REPORTING!!

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

CSP APPROVED WITH BK7 REPORTING!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I read A LOT to educate myself on the best strategy when applying for this card. I knew it was going to be tough to get an approval on but credit myfico and dr credit for all the info. I applied online this morning and was instantly denied due to the bankruptcy reporting (knew it was going to happen). So I call one of the back door numbers to speak to an analyst. Asked for the status of my application and she said denied due to the bk reporting. I said if I could get a reconsideration on the application that would be great. I told her that my bk was due to a job loss and that had other measures in place so if I did have another job loss I wouldn't have to file. Also stated that I had a long standing good relationship with chase. She says great and for me to hold on. Seemed like an eternity before she came back. She said since you have a great relationship with chase I'm going to recommended that the account be approved for 5k but it has to approved by a SR analyst before it can be 100% done deal. Before we hung up I asked her in her experience what is the typical outcome and she says it could go either way just depends on how the SR member views the file to approved or denied. I was told to wait 24-48 hours before a decision could be made. So I called status line every 2 hours (thank's creditaddict for the tip on the status line) to check the status of the application. By 2pm my time I had a "you've been approved" message.

Couldn't have done it with out myfico! Thanks for everyone's help!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP APPROVED WITH BK7 REPORTING!!

Congrats OP!
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great recon work! Congratulations!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a great story ! I had a recommended for approval whe. Raising the limit on my Amazon visa from chase it's always great to see stories like these for sure, take care of it and make the best of it.

Message 4 of 19
Septrosh
New Contributor

Congrats! Great success story. 

Message 5 of 19
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@svtthis wrote:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I read A LOT to educate myself on the best strategy when applying for this card. [...] She said since you have a great relationship with chase I'm going to recommended that the account be approved for 5k but it has to approved by a SR analyst before it can be 100% done deal. Before we hung up I asked her in her experience what is the typical outcome and she says it could go either way just depends on how the SR member views the file to approved or denied. I was told to wait 24-48 hours before a decision could be made. So I called status line every 2 hours (thank's creditaddict for the tip on the status line) to check the status of the application. By 2pm my time I had a "you've been approved" message.

Thanks for sharing. For the curious crew, OP 

1. How long ago was your discharge?
  2. I assume no IIBs with Chase but please confirm.
  3. Current FICOs?
  4. No of inqs?
  5. Do you have credit with any other prime lenders prior to the Chase approval?

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 6 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 19
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

@taxdoc wrote:

@svtthis wrote:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I read A LOT to educate myself on the best strategy when applying for this card. [...] She said since you have a great relationship with chase I'm going to recommended that the account be approved for 5k but it has to approved by a SR analyst before it can be 100% done deal. Before we hung up I asked her in her experience what is the typical outcome and she says it could go either way just depends on how the SR member views the file to approved or denied. I was told to wait 24-48 hours before a decision could be made. So I called status line every 2 hours (thank's creditaddict for the tip on the status line) to check the status of the application. By 2pm my time I had a "you've been approved" message.

3. Current FICOs?
  4. No of inqs?

1. 3/2012

2. Providian was. Which I think turned into wamu which chase bought. But it fell off my report a while ago. So not sure.

3.689 transunion and experian. Not sure on equifax. CK says 703

4. Transunion 12 and equifax 22. 

5. I have barclay at 5.3k walmart at 5k and nfcu at 23.5k and less than 10% util.

Message 8 of 19
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Everybody!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@svtthis wrote:

@taxdoc wrote:

@svtthis wrote:

3. Current FICOs?
  4. No of inqs?

1. 3/2012

2. Providian was. Which I think turned into wamu which chase bought. But it fell off my report a while ago. So not sure.

3.689 transunion and experian. Not sure on equifax. CK says 703

4. Transunion 12 and equifax 22. 

5. I have barclay at 5.3k walmart at 5k and nfcu at 23.5k and less than 10% util.

This is correct. When I reconned my Freedom she brought up what she thought was a Slate account. Turned out it was a Providian I had in the late 90's. Congrats on your approval!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.