Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Application Review - UPDATE: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Application Review - UPDATE: Approved

Hello everyone.
I️ applied for CSP on July 14 and got a “We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible.
Thank you for choosing Chase.” message.

Called the same night, July 14 and said 30 days. Called today and changed to “system cannot access records”. Had option to speak to representative and she told me, application was still processing as it was Sunday and workers will be in tomorrow to review, give a call by then.

Should I️ wait it out? How long should I️ wait to call or be checking? Logged into my chase app and said no application activity.

Though I️ have never had a Chase card, I️ do not want to make it seem desperate even though I️ probably have already. This is my first travel credit card that I️ applied too since I️ bank with chase for 4+ years now. I️ also saw people with lower scores getting approved.

Vacation is in less than 3 weeks and was hoping to book with the card for the bonus. Should I️ apply for another travel CC?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Application Review

There's been plenty of these pending processing messages lately.  Leave it be and just check in your Chase.com account for a new card to pop up.  Once it does you'll have it in hand within 7 days.  It seems the pending issue is just a secondary review and most of the time it's an approval.  If you don't see it by Friday then give them a call and speak with someone and see if there's just some verification that needs to be done.

Message 2 of 10
MyFault
Valued Contributor

If you're approved, you can also call them and ask to expedite the card so you can use it on time for your vacation. Good luck!

|  
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for the responses! Checked this morning and saw the credit card on my mobile app!
So excited! I️ will call now to expedite the card!!
Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you both for the responses! Checked this morning and saw the credit card on my mobile app!

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 5 of 10
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! Enjoy the CSP, I recently received mine also and am loving it.

|  
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats - very nice!

Message 7 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! What's your limit? Any DPs?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for $5200. My only other card is discover at $5700 and VS at $500. Got Discover in March 2018 at $2000, and VS this month as well. I️ am barley 19 but had credit score as an AU from accounts which I️ have removed myself from, except my oldest which is a 3 yr old Chevron gas card and another chase card.

Score is TU 715, EQ 703. Recovering from the high balances I️ was on from being an AU...

But card arrived today, so excited. Thank you all again!!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I️ am looking for travel accessories on Amazon. I️ purchase frequently but saw reviews on the Amazon Store card, and they didn’t look so good. Then saw the Chase Amazon card... would I️ be pushing my luck to apply??
Had to go through the 30 day review, might not look so good for a second application.

I️ have 4 inquires, 3 of which will be removed in March/April 2020. (Went crazy applying after Discover approval)
Utilization and new score is still up in the air due to 2 accounts I️ am still waiting to be removed from. But my Discover is 10% utilization. VS and Chase hasn't posted yet so won’t know how much my score will go up???

I️ don’t want to repeat my mistakes of applying like crazy like last year. Any advice? Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.