Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval! Back to the garden I go.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Approval! Back to the garden I go.

So some of you may have followed a few of my other posts so I’ll try and keep this short. I applied on Friday before checking my Discover per-quals and was given the 30 day message. As I’ve never been able to get approved for a Chase card I assumed denial but called in and was told to contact a number that I couldn’t find on any of the boards. I called this morning only to find that it was the fraud department and my mother’s maiden name was missing from the app. I applied via the online sign in because I have an existing checking with them. After what seemed like an eternity I was asked to verify via text and after another long pause she proceeded to tell me I was approved for $7.7k! I was in total disbelief. Now the one thing I’m worrying about is the card being cancelled due to too many new accounts. I have my SPG Amex opened Feb, a Delta SkyMiles opened almost 30 days ago and a Discover opened last Friday. Do you all think the recent cards will make them reconsider and cancel my card? Also any tips on how to avoid this would be appreciated! My plan so far is use and start paying right away. Thanks as always for all the support on here from everyone! After this I have 1 dream card left on my list but I’ll wait it out before applying. Time to rejoin the gardening club.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP Approval! Back to the garden I go.

Wow, congrats on snagging a lot of nice approvals in a short period of time. I'd assume your scores are high 700s? Also congrats on the nice SL and welcome to the Chase Club!

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@patrick3002, thanks! Actually my score according to Credit Karma were 695 for TU and Ex. Only had 1 inquiry from a Ford lease in Jan18 before applying for the SPG Amex now up to 3 inq on both. Not sure if the low inq’s helped but I’m now done applying for quite a while. Now to clean out the sock drawer and get rid of 2 of my starter cards (1st premier & Credit One).
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!
Welcome to CSP family

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your recent approvals!

Message 5 of 16
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Bam!Bam!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The suspense is horrible, but it worked out in the end. Congrats
Message 7 of 16
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CSP!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 8 of 16
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Congrats on all pick ups ! Hopefully you won’t have problems with them closing the card. They could see your recent HP’s before they approved you so you should be ok.

Message 9 of 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approvals, the AWESOME SL, and we will see you in the Garden!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.