Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval - Super Stoked!

tag
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

CSP Approval - Super Stoked!

So I finally pulled the trigger and app'd for the CSP today and was approved for a 24K SL!  Super excited because I wanted my limit to be at least 20K, so I got what I wanted.  I have a CFU (opened June 2016 with a 10K SL) and I think the CSP will compliment it nicely.   

My FICO 8 numbers are 755 TU, 754, EQ, and 743 (EX) as of May 8, 2017.  It was a HP only on EX.

To the garden I go!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Approval - Super Stoked!

Great card to add to your wallet. I'm over 5/24 but that is one of the cards I have in mind after gardening. Or if it happens to appear in my offers again... Smiley Very Happy Chase seems generous with the starting limits compared to other lenders. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats ChessChik47 now that is one sweet approval! 😊
Message 3 of 9
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great card to add to your wallet. I'm over 5/24 but that is one of the cards I have in mind after gardening. Or if it happens to appear in my offers again... Smiley Very Happy Chase seems generous with the starting limits compared to other lenders. 

Thanks!  I kept checking my offers online but I never had any so I just app'd anyway.  Due to all of the data points I read on this forum, I figured I would be approved, but wasn't sure I would get the SL I needed from the start.  Thankfully it worked out for me.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the awesome approval and fantastic SL!!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approval and SL!  I was hoping for a $20k+ SL with them and was approved last week with $18,400 which was a little bit of a letdown.  Seeing that you had another card with Chase (where it was my first) I'm wondering if Chase is a little less likely to hand out a really big SL when it's your first card with them.  It would seem that your favorable card history with them already could have possibly allowed you that larger SL.  Just an opinion here, of course.

Message 6 of 9
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!

BBS,
I learned from this forum that what you stated is correct; Chase tends to give smaller SL for a newbie to Chase, but can be very generous when an existing customer proves themselves and applies for an additional card. I also read that CLIs tend to be HP, so I figured if I'm gonna take the HP I should open a new account and get a higher tiered card with a larger SL. I wanted to continue the good relationship with Chase so the CSP ended up being the right card for me.

Your SL isn't small change, lol! 😉 I'm sure that hanging $400 drives you crazy!
Message 7 of 9
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the CSP family!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChessChik47 wrote:

BBS,
I learned from this forum that what you stated is correct; Chase tends to give smaller SL for a newbie to Chase, but can be very generous when an existing customer proves themselves and applies for an additional card. I also read that CLIs tend to be HP, so I figured if I'm gonna take the HP I should open a new account and get a higher tiered card with a larger SL. I wanted to continue the good relationship with Chase so the CSP ended up being the right card for me.

Your SL isn't small change, lol! 😉 I'm sure that hanging $400 drives you crazy!

Yes, indeed the non-round limit does bother me quite a bit!  My plan is to PC the CSP to the Freedom just before the AF hits anyway.  I just went for the CSP for the sign on bonus and I knew I'd be approved for a higher SL with the CSP over their other cards.  I opened an Amazon card too through Chase on the same day and figured I'd get a smaller SL from them, so with the greater SL on the CSP I'd have more of a limit to transfer some over to the Amazon when the time is right. 

I'm hoping if I show the card some use (which I have to anyway to hit that $4k in 3 months spend) I'll be one of the lucky ones that scores an auto-CLI around the 4th statement.  With any luck, they'll bump me to $20k+.  Not sure what my chances are of that, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.