cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval - Trifecta with 7 months of history!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Approval - Trifecta with 7 months of history!

Sooooo this actually happened!

I have quite a bit of travel coming up, and just decided to cold app for the CSP last night. I know I was supposed to wait longer, but I couldn't resist Smiley Sad I was never able to get any pre-approvals or anything of the sort from Chase, but I just went for it anyway. Application said "we'll let you know our decision as soon as possible" and robolady gave me the "2 weeks" message. So I just decided to speak to a CSR right away, and all they had to do was verify my info and then they approved me right away! Got a $5,000 SL which is the lowest, but I'm extremely happy since I've only had Credit for under 8 months. APR was 21% which is about average, but it doesn't matter to me as I always PIF. The card showed up on my account instantly Smiley Happy

Here are my DPs from before the application:

TU FICO8 - 728 / INQ - 1

EX FICO8 - 724 / INQ - 3

EQ FICO8 - ? / INQ - 3

AAoA - 5 mo

AoOA - 7 mo

AoYA - 3 mo

Util - 1%

No baddies

Income - 90K

Chase Checking account for over 5 years. I use it as my primary checking account.

Current cards:

Discover it - Opened 01/19 - $500 SL/$1500 current CL

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Opened 02/19 - $1700 SL

Chase Freedom - Opened 05/19 - $3200 SL

If I were to guess, the fact that I've had a banking relationship with them for over 5 years is probably the reason they're showing me all this love. But I'm still in disbelief that I've finished the trifecta with under 8 months of credit history - I didn't even have a credit score this January!

Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the extremely valuable help and information you all provide. You are all incredible Heart

csp.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: CSP Approval - Trifecta with 7 months of history!

congrats!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 9
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats OP Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CSP approval! You are definitely StartingStrong in the credit game!Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Congratulations it’s a wonderful card and caution, 3 accounts with chase this year, I’d probably pump the breaks on apping for a while... 5k is the minimum for the CSP so you just skated by. Believe me I love seeing the congratulations you’re approved as much as the next guy but I’d go straight to the garden if I were you and keep my head down for a while.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

Congratulations it’s a wonderful card and caution, 3 accounts with chase this year, I’d probably pump the breaks on apping for a while... 5k is the minimum for the CSP so you just skated by. Believe me I love seeing the congratulations you’re approved as much as the next guy but I’d go straight to the garden if I were you and keep my head down for a while.

Thank you! And yeah, I don't plan on applying for a while now.

Message 6 of 9
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!

Message 7 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you're Chase approval!

Message 8 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sooooo this actually happened!

I have quite a bit of travel coming up, and just decided to cold app for the CSP last night. I know I was supposed to wait longer, but I couldn't resist Smiley Sad I was never able to get any pre-approvals or anything of the sort from Chase, but I just went for it anyway. Application said "we'll let you know our decision as soon as possible" and robolady gave me the "2 weeks" message. So I just decided to speak to a CSR right away, and all they had to do was verify my info and then they approved me right away! Got a $5,000 SL which is the lowest, but I'm extremely happy since I've only had Credit for under 8 months. APR was 21% which is about average, but it doesn't matter to me as I always PIF. The card showed up on my account instantly Smiley Happy

Here are my DPs from before the application:

TU FICO8 - 728 / INQ - 1

EX FICO8 - 724 / INQ - 3

EQ FICO8 - ? / INQ - 3

AAoA - 5 mo

AoOA - 7 mo

AoYA - 3 mo

Util - 1%

No baddies

Income - 90K

Chase Checking account for over 5 years. I use it as my primary checking account.

Current cards:

Discover it - Opened 01/19 - $500 SL/$1500 current CL

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Opened 02/19 - $1700 SL

Chase Freedom - Opened 05/19 - $3200 SL

If I were to guess, the fact that I've had a banking relationship with them for over 5 years is probably the reason they're showing me all this love. But I'm still in disbelief that I've finished the trifecta with under 8 months of credit history - I didn't even have a credit score this January!

Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the extremely valuable help and information you all provide. You are all incredible Heart

csp.jpg

That is truly a shocking approval; it goes against all the known wisdom about Chase's underwriting policies.

I would follow @addicted_to_credit 's advice to keep your head down and don't apply for any new credit anywhere for a good long while.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.