Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval for Student!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Approval for Student!!

Very excited to say I was approved for the CSP with a $7.5k SL. I am only 20 and have only had credit for about a year and a half total. I got the Chase FU in January and I really love it so I thought I'd get a travel/dining card since I will be moving to Chicago for an internship. That way I can transfer my points and take a nice vacation (at some point lol). 

KC: 734TU and 736EQ, double pull on TU and EX but definitely worth it. Got the good ole "30-day message" just like my FU and it only took 48 hours to get it approved in the system. 

I was worried because I have $16k in student loans, but they're payment deferred till 2020. Also my largest limit is $3.5k on my FU so this will be a nice addition to keep util low. I've been very pleased with Chase so far and I plan to move most of my banking over to them in the future. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Approval for Student!!

Congrats!

Also good news if it helps you post-graduation: you can reallocate $2500 from FU to CSP ($10,000 total) and after a year of having the card minimum, you can PC to CSR for a higher earn rate (and a much higher annual fee).  Probably won't be useful for you at this point but it's an option in the future!

This was a preapproval link, correct?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, at some point would like to move to the CSR but that won’t be happening any time soon, can’t justify it just yet.

And this was not a pre-approval, I am not pre-approved for any Chase cards. Only thing I’ve seen so far is for 3 Amex cards but I don’t have a ton of interest in those since I’m already earning UR points.
Message 3 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Cngratulations! Glad to see the outcome there went well.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations you did very well indeed!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.