Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval - in-branch method while LOL/24

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

CSP Approval - in-branch method while LOL/24

Hello all,

Last Thursday I went into the nearest Chase Branch to check for pre-approvals after opening a Chase Total Checking a few weeks ago and diverting 1/8th of my net paycheck to that account.

I asked the banker if I had any pre-approved offers (nothing has EVER shown up online, and my Chase Freedom has been bucketed at $1,500 for 2.5 years), and he said, “well you’re pre-approved for them all.”

Long story short, I check my Chase App just moments ago and I’m approved for the CSP with a $12,100 SL and at 22.49% standard APR. This is my second Chase card ever, and first Sapphire-branded card. I’m likely going to upgrade to CSR when I hit the spend bonus or after a year and downgrade my AmEx Platinum to Gold.

I am so LOL/24 it’s unbelievable, perhaps might even be 12-15/24.

You can check out the story in the CC Apps Forum since I’m posting from my phone at work & I don’t want to be too redundant, but any website claiming in-branch workaround is dead is totally wrong. Even called RoboLady and she confirmed the same information.

Here’s the CC App thread-
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/CSP-in-branch-question/td-p/5638756

Hope this helps folks.
My highest two limits are $50,000 on my Merrill+ and $45,000 on my BofA Cash Rewards, both VS obviously. Sure that took my SL up.

Now, I just hope that what I’ve read about the SUB isn’t true (not applicable) if you get approved through a workaround because I’ve definitely never had a Sapphire product, and this will certainly be a daily driver in due time.

Thanks for all the info, folks! Happy to answer more questions.
What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CSP Approval - in-branch method while LOL/24

Congratulations on your approval

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz!!!

Message 3 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great story and a great card to have. Grats Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting wasn't so bad now was it?  Smiley Happy

What I would do w/ Freedom is move all of its limit over to CSP and then Park it for future options while building some additional history with CSP.  I say all because they force you to keep around $500 on it to keep it open.

Message 5 of 19
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Obscure - that’s a great idea. Once everything is received and activated, I’ll do that. I have no interest in keeping a $1,500 CL card open— it’s by far my lowest limit, with the next lowest being 7,300 (discover).
What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 6 of 19
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone read anything about SUB's not being offered when the card's approved through a workaround?  I read it on some off-kilter website that was pretty high up on the Google search. 

I want the CSP anyhow, but that SUB is nice!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it doesn't get much better than applying in branch.  

A work around in my book is playing games with links from other people to get an approval or going incognito to get a better offer.  Or the poor soul that swaps an existing CSx down to a CF/U in the hopes of apping for a fresh card for a SUB.  

Message 8 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! If you aren't using the Freedom then as @Obscure-Expert said, move it to the CSP. Otherwise, for the 5% categories, I would definitely use it to the respective quarterly categories. It's a relatively easy way to get a lot of UR points.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Funny how Chase likes that little extra $100 on the CLs lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.