Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval!

tag
goldengopher1991
Contributor

CSP Approval!

Just wanna share a little about my credit history story since I started a year and a half ago.

Was a senior in college in late 2012, and just got a SSN. Didn't know a thing about credit scores, FICO, etc.. thought anyone can get approved for a credit card. So I tried applying for United Mileageplus because at that time I was obsessed with collecting airline miles. Rejected almost a dozen times for all the cards I applied from Oct 2012 until around September 2013. It was so frustrating for me because everyone keeps saying I have no credit history, which I hated hearing because HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BUILD CREDIT HISTORY IF YOU WONT EVEN GRANT ME ONE?

My only regret was probably not going for one of those student credit cards with small limits to build from small. As I said I wasnt knowledgable at that time and I was going for those big cards which needed some credit history.

Got a job in August 2013, and Discover gave me my first card in November that year with $1250 initial CL. Still couldn't get approved for any other cards, chase would always turn me down... I remember trying my luck for the freedom 5 months after getting my Discover but got denied too.

Fast forward to today, a year and a half later.. I have the cards listed below with the CLs and got approved CSP today for $5k. I used to hate Chase for always rejecting me but now I have got 3 of their cards since September 2014. No late payments, low credit util and my auto loan from DCU has helped.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the helpful advice Smiley Happy Only 2 cards I want left are the Barclays US Airways MC, hoping to get the 50K signup bonus and transfer to american airlines, and BCA for the 40K bonus miles. And I am done! Smiley Happy

Discover IT - $10,000 | Chase Freedom - $2,200 | United MileagePlus Explorer - $5,000 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select - $4,000
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: CSP Approval!

Chase is great IMO. You've done well. I remember the days where I used to think Chase was fickle with me and hated me but that was also when I didn't have over a year of having credit.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Keep up the progress!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to hate Chase for always rejecting me

I still do. They're the only one that denied me and I'm still suffering severe emotional trauma. 

Message 4 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I used to hate Chase for always rejecting me

I still do. They're the only one that denied me and I'm still suffering severe emotional trauma. 

I get the same trauma from Crap1 even though i have no interest in revisiting that nightmare ever again.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! thats awesome.. keep up the good work 

Message 6 of 11
AintYouADaisy
New Contributor

Thank you for sharing that, OP.  I'm sure your story is mirrored all over the place by so many, and others can draw some inspiration that it DOES and CAN get better with hard work!  Congrats on your success!  

Message 7 of 11
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! If you want the card ASAP, be sure to request that it be expedited. I was approved yesterday evening, and my card is arriving tomorrow afternoon.

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 11
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.