Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approved !!! On 3rd recon !!!

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

CSP Approved !!! On 3rd recon !!!

Got approved for CSP!!! and that's on 3rd attempt for recon. Applied online 2 weeks back, got denied, called twice at different times and both time they said, i dont have enough credit to get approved for a 5000 dollars credit card like CSP is. Today while coming back from work, got stuck in heavy traffic and thought of calling them again from nowhere. At first the rep took much longer time to review my application. Was thinking of hearing the same reason to deny, but this time he came back and said I have put your app through and its pending for verification but our verification line is experiencing diffculties and will require you to wait more than 10 minutes. If you wish I can give their number to you and you can call back. I said I will wait anyways as I am stuck in traffic. But the call failed in middle. I then called back recon number again and a different rep picked up. Explained that I was on call with someone about recon my app and he said blah blah, but the call got disconnected. He said to hold on while he reviews the notes on my app. After about 10 seconds or so, he came back and said..."Ok your sapphire card has been approved!!! and initial credit line is $5000.". This is my highest initial credit line with any card so far. 

Can't believe...my dream run in this year continues. Got approved for 6 major credit cards. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP Approved !!! On 3rd recon !!!

@sghosh5 wrote:

Got approved for CSP!!! and that's on 3rd attempt for recon. Applied online 2 weeks back, got denied, called twice at different times and both time they said, i dont have enough credit to get approved for a 5000 dollars credit card like CSP is. Today while coming back from work, got stuck in heavy traffic and thought of calling them again from nowhere. At first the rep took much longer time to review my application. Was thinking of hearing the same reason to deny, but this time he came back and said I have put your app through and its pending for verification but our verification line is experiencing diffculties and will require you to wait more than 10 minutes. If you wish I can give their number to you and you can call back. I said I will wait anyways as I am stuck in traffic. But the call failed in middle. I then called back recon number again and a different rep picked up. Explained that I was on call with someone about recon my app and he said blah blah, but the call got disconnected. He said to hold on while he reviews the notes on my app. After about 10 seconds or so, he came back and said..."Ok your sapphire card has been approved!!! and initial credit line is $5000.". This is my highest initial credit line with any card so far. 

Can't believe...my dream run in this year continues. Got approved for 6 major credit cards. 

Congrats Smiley Happy that's what i'm talking about don't give up. Very well done

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 27
Scupra
Super Contributor

Way to fight through! Congrats on an awesome card!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Truly Destiny Rose Up In Your Favor!

That approval had to have taken the sting out of both gridlocks.

Thanks for sharing your redeeming experience.

Congrats!!!
Message 4 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

WTG 
Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 27
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thank you all. I still can't believe with these scores I got approved for these cards. Always love this forum for all encouragements and knowledge sharing.

Message 6 of 27
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Very good, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

Now thats determination! Congrats!
Message 9 of 27
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks!! All my dream cards are now in pocket!!.... definitely need a new wallet to fit them all .... lol

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.