cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP (Chase) and Citi DC, Double App Success!!

tag
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

CSP (Chase) and Citi DC, Double App Success!!

I decided July 2015, I would wait a year and get the Citi Double Cash card and I have, BOOM, kept my word to myself HOORAY!!.

Things have changed in that time though; I thought I would never get the Chase Sapphire Preferred because it has an annual fee. Then I really looked into the card and researched that I could just use it for a year and then downgrade, so I can have my second Chase Freedom card.

Okay enough of that, here's how it turned out for me:

Instant approvals for both cards, back-to-back and 2-3 minutes apart. I was pre-qualified for the CSP and nothing came up for the Citi DC. The forms for both did seem slimmed down a bit, my type of employment wasn’t questioned, it's like they removed a bunch of fields to make sign up simpler.

Chase Sapphire Preferred SL: $8,500. Pulled TU and maybe also Experian.

Citi Double Cash SL: $4,600. Showed an Experian FICO of 745 on the page.
Total added CL: 13.1k

Wow. CSP gave me, my highest starting limit. Chase kind of owed me though; I have a Chase Freedom card with a $1,500 CL. In December I asked Chase to raise my limit to $10,000 on the freedom and they gave me $1,000 extra. Now in July they finally gave me the last $8,500 I wanted. After I get my sign up bonus from the CSP, I will transfer over $3,500 CL to my Chase Freedom. And have two 5k Chase cards.

I know these are some very decent starting limits for both cards and I'm happy it went well. In 6 months, I'll do a CLI on my Citi Double Cash and then all my limits will be over 5K or more. That's my plan for now and I'm going to stick to my word again.

Big Thanks to the MyFico community for teaching me about app sprees Smiley Happy And big thanks to me for being strict with my credit card usage Smiley Happy Let's all do good and celebrate our independence interdependence (mutually reliant on each other).

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP (Chase) and Citi DC, Double App Success!!

You did great! Congratulations.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome spending limits!! happy spending Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

CSP 2017 Bound until pre qualified

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Great job.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done ! congrats

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.