Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP approval odds!!??--APPROVED!!

tag
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Re: CSP approval odds!!??

@krismac wrote:

Have you called the recon line? I called them a few times, and today, the recon analyst that took my call got me approved for a CSP with a 5K CL! I believe her name's Nancy. Very nice lady.

I haven't applied yet. Was asking what are my chances of getting approved

but thanks for the heads up. if I do get declined i'll try the recon line

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 21 of 51
krismac
Established Member

I say, you have a good chance in getting approved...19 y/o and an income of 50k? If anything, they might "review" your app, just as long as you can verify your income and employment. That's what I had to do with my CSP...called the recon line a few times, first guy, named Jason verified my income, he wanted the income before taxes instead of after, asked how long I've been with my current employer, and "recommended" me for approval with a 5K CL. Called again, some other guy said there was nothing he can do, so I waited another day, called today, and, a recon analyst named Nancy asked me about my income and how long I've been employed. After being on hold twice, she came back and informed me that I've been approved! 

If you are hesistant, wait it out.

Will be gardening for a while.
AMEX BCE - 9K, AMEX Delta - 3.5K, Discover - 2K,
Cap 1 - 700 (closing soon), CSP - 5K.
MyFico TU: 743, MyFico EQ: 751. Credit Sesame EX: 771.
Target score: 800
Message 22 of 51
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

Everything hinges on how they view that Freedom card. If you are in their banking service area, i'd really go in and talk to them before apping. If you don't get instant approved, someones going to look at that-obviously theyre not going to think you've been succesfully managing this account since you were a toddler. I still feel like they'd probably be willing to work with you though.

I think you will be instantly approved. I got an instant approval when my profile was weaker than yours. At the time my highest line was $4k, aaoa 3 yrs, utilization 1%, and 9 30 and 60 day lates 3 years prior.

Okay. I also forgot to mention I've never had any loans (if that matters at all?). I paid cash to purchase my car. So no Ioan history at all. 

Also no chase banks in my state (I live in RI).

My 9 30 and 60 day lates were all on an auto loan. So if anything, you have a better chance than me in that aspect.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 23 of 51
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

With that income and the credit file, your chance of being approved is i think 95%, probably instant A!

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 51
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Well, it's all been laid out.  What's it going to be?

Message 25 of 51
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

100% imo as long as you can provide proof of income

That's no problem at all. Does Chase even verify income? I've read somewhere here they don't?

they usually do not, but they might check cause of your age. 18-21 age is a sensitive age bracket. Some companies do some do not because of the card act in 2011 don't be surprised to provide it

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 26 of 51
way2evil
New Contributor

To give you an idea with Chase, they do not verify income for me. I am 21, applied for the Select card some time ago. On my report I had an auto loan, a BOA card for 2500$, and a Chase Amazon for $1000. I was instantly approved for 5k. Just go for it. Since that time the card has been raised to 10k. I have no AU accounts.

Message 27 of 51
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Alright you  guys have convinced me! Smiley Happy

just one more question before I apply, should I also apply for a Freedom card or maybe the Ink Cash business card using the 2bm method (apply for two cards from the same bank using different web browsers at the same time) which will hopefully get me two cards with one hard inquiry (assuming if I get approved)

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 28 of 51
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

Alright you've guys have convinced me! Smiley Happy

just one more question before I apply, should I also apply for a Freedom card or maybe the Ink Cash business card using the 2bm method which will only get one inquiry with two cards (that's if I get approved)?

I would get get the Freedom to go with, then get ink few months later.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 29 of 51
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@distantarray wrote:

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

Alright you've guys have convinced me! Smiley Happy

just one more question before I apply, should I also apply for a Freedom card or maybe the Ink Cash business card using the 2bm method which will only get one inquiry with two cards (that's if I get approved)?

I would get get the Freedom to go with, then get ink few months later.

Alright! Thanks. 

Going to apply this Saturday! Wish me luck!

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.