Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP in branch LOL/24

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP in branch LOL/24

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

First, BIG Congrats on the in-brand CSP approval!!!

Question for everyone-- realistically, how often does this scenario happen? Is this something highly unusual?

I have been with Chase for many years, many accounts over the years but only revolving card product -- Amazon Prime card due to LOL/24. Never any green or any other checks online...

Would it be advisable to keep asking bank tellers about my pre-approvals or is it just a complete 1 in 100 chance?

I do know that Chase performs regular soft pulls on me as part of AR for Amazon Prime card but not sure if they use these SPs for anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!

Did you read what I posted earlier in this thread?

While a teller might be able to tell you if you have any in-branch approvals, you will still need to see a personal banker to make the application.  So simply shorten the process by going in to a branch and asking a personal banker directly.  They will usually ask you to show your Chase credit card(s) as a form of ID, and they also need to check a box on their screen verifying that you are physically present in the branch.

These in branch offers are not random; its just that most people dont know that they exist.  But as long as you have a good internal CARS (Card Acquisition Risk score) score you should have offers for credit products.  Since you're pre-screened for credit products the application itself is very short.  All the personal banker will ask for is your current income which is used to determine your credit limit.

Message 21 of 28
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Incredible SL! Congrats on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 22 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thank you!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750 wrote:
Stopped in at my Chase branch and was told I was pre-approved for EVERYTHING! Picked CSP and was instantly approved at 17.2k! OMG! I AM FIRMLY IN THE GARDEN FOR YEARS!

I plan on going into my local branch this week, although my intentions are to close out my checking accounts.  I've recently moved to PNC for checking.  I've banked with Chase for years and I've yet to get an offer.  So I've decided I'm done with them and I'm moving on.

It's childish IMO to have some kind of arbitrary 5/25 rule.  I'll take my direct deposit from them and give it to a bank that cares enough to earn it.

Congrats on your new card.

Message 24 of 28
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting the CSP card!!! I've been debating for about a month about going to the bank to apply for the CSP since I'm going to most likely get rid of my Slate card by the end of the year. Though I'm not going to apply for it until after the summer, at least I can do what you did and go to the bank to inquire about a preapproval. Both the Slate and FU cards I got directly at the bank without any issues. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 25 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Sasuke, maybe Chase isn't for you. Not all FIs are a good fit for everyone. While you dislike Chase they have treated me wonderfully. BoA has been horrendous and will be going away on my end. While Chase has treated us better than any bank we've ever dealt with all FIs are pretty YMMV.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 27 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks Voltron
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.