Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP instant approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP instant approval

I haven't posted on here while gardening my cards. Only lasted a month when I finally gave in and decided to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I surprisingly got it without any previous 5,000 CL cards. Thank you dishanntaray and others for all the advice on my numerous posts about this card. can't wait to hold the aluminum in my hands. so happy right now!

also question: I got a signup bonus with the chase freedom and on the details for the Sapphire Preferred it states that the 40,000 points is only available to new cardmembers. does this mean i cannot get the bonus?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Bearclaw
Established Member

Re: CSP instant approval

Congrats; the CSP is my day to day card and I love it.

You will get the bonus. However, you must meet the minimum spend which is $3,000 in 3 months--unless they changed it recently, again. Enjoy the card!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bearclaw wrote:

Congrats; the CSP is my day to day card and I love it.

You will get the bonus. However, you must meet the minimum spend which is $3,000 in 3 months--unless they changed it recently, again. Enjoy the card!

thank you! ideally, i would only use it on dining and travel but i don't do either too much hopefully that changes now. but for the first three months i'm not using any other card.

Message 3 of 12
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I really want this card.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 4 of 12
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

Kool! What limit did they give you? And what are your scores? I'm on mobile so I can't see your siggy.

Message 5 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Definately on my list after I get BCE and the 61 days 3x CLI. That would put the time frame in to April-May 2013.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GreatCreditFor2012 wrote:
Kool! What limit did they give you? And what are your scores? I'm on mobile so I can't see your siggy.

i'm not sure about the limit yet, I'm going to call them now to see if they can overnight it to me. and my experian fico was 739 last month and my transunion fako is 750.

EDIT: $8,000. 3-5 business days but CSR said more likely 10 days. I cannot wait that long!

@armbenderc wrote:

Definately on my list after I get BCE and the 61 days 3x CLI. That would put the time frame in to April-May 2013.

thats exactly how i did it but i couldn't wait for the 61 days lol. good luck to you though

Message 7 of 12
Bearclaw
Established Member

If it was an instant approval, wasn't the CL shown on the approval page/in the accounts under your Chase login? Just curious - Have never had it not show.
Message 8 of 12
Involus
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval - an awesome card to add to the portfolio.

Message 9 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval!!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.