Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR 2 weeks by mail (updated!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR 2 weeks by mail (updated!)

Updated:

So I finally couldn't wait (day 10), and made the call just now. Turns out they needed further verification and just asked me to clarify my income and asked me why I only have 3 credits in total applied, and none in the past several years... 

But at the end I was approved! :-)

Now i'm wondering what if I never did call them, what would happen when my 2 weeks time is up, are they expecting the customer to call them back when they hear nothing form them?

Hi all, I'm sure there has been tons of CSR application related threads already, sorry to bombard you guys with more. But I applied online a few days ago and got a further review needed, when I called the status hotline it's been telling me that "I will be notified in 2 weeks by mail".

I've searched around a lot of different forums and it sounds like the 2 weeks status is better than 7-10 days, but almost everyone I've seen online who got this status went ahead and call recon anyways to varying degree of success. I guess my question is has anyone actually waited out the 2 weeks ot see what you get in the mail? Or should I be calling recon too... Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR 2 weeks by mail

As long as it doesn't say 7-10 days on that status line, I would not call Chase.

If it says 7-10 that is usually a denial, in which case you have nothing to lose by calling to ask for a reconsideration but since yours is not in that bucket I would just be patient.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as it doesn't say 7-10 days on that status line, I would not call Chase.

If it says 7-10 that is usually a denial, in which case you have nothing to lose by calling to ask for a reconsideration but since yours is not in that bucket I would just be patient.

Thanks for the advice! I shall try to be patient. As I said it just seemed like everyone on the this forum and reddit who got two weeks called them anyways, so that's what's been making me restless. 

Message 3 of 12
rlx01
Established Contributor

By calling them you just move yourself to the front of the queue. If you were going to get denied on review, it'll happen regardless.

Usually 2 weeks means a senior analyst needs to sign off on it -- perhaps a big CL.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlx01 wrote:

By calling them you just move yourself to the front of the queue. If you were going to get denied on review, it'll happen regardless.

Usually 2 weeks means a senior analyst needs to sign off on it -- perhaps a big CL.

I haven't heard that first line at all, but tribal wisdom on these boards is pretty clear that calling in when you are borderline just increases chance of denial.

As for the 2 week part, I really hope you are correct Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My buddy waited 2 weeks to get his CSP. I would just hold off!
Message 6 of 12
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

Where did you hear about 2 weeks = senior analyst signing off on it?

I definitely dont think a big CL is associated with 2 weeks message at all. I think 2 weeks message is very close to approval. 

If I were you, I will wait it out for 2 week message as I typically get approved within a couple days to 1 week at the most. 

For 30day or 7-10day message, I will probaby call them to see what's going on. If denied, at least it gives me a chance to talk to them. However, if you dont want them to look into your profile and can for sure wait for results, feel free to just wait it out.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

Where did you hear about 2 weeks = senior analyst signing off on it?

I definitely dont think a big CL is associated with 2 weeks message at all. I think 2 weeks message is very close to approval. 

If I were you, I will wait it out for 2 week message as I typically get approved within a couple days to 1 week at the most. 

For 30day or 7-10day message, I will probaby call them to see what's going on. If denied, at least it gives me a chance to talk to them. However, if you dont want them to look into your profile and can for sure wait for results, feel free to just wait it out.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I will try my hardest to wait it out first. I've definitely read some stuff online (here and other places) about how it's better to wait it out, esp if you got the 2 weeks one. But at the same time you do read a lot of the threads where people got 2 weeks and went ahead and called anyways and got approved right away. That makes it super tempting to call.

It's annoying that there was just a holiday too, so it'll take a little longer I bet. 

I don't think it'll be a big CL either, none of my credit cards have very high CLs... But thanks for the positive thoughts!!

Will keep this updated if I hear back!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Day 10 and the automated line is still "in aprox 2 weeks", still no mail either. I'm so tempted to just call...

Message 9 of 12
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Day 10 and the automated line is still "in aprox 2 weeks", still no mail either. I'm so tempted to just call...

Hmm... were you pre-approved for CSR or having less than 5 cards opened in the past 2 years? If you have nothing to hide, you may as well just call them.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.