Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Approval - No PreQualification

tag
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

CSR Approval - No PreQualification

Seeing all of these Chase approvals lately, and knowing after just getting the Amex Platinum approval that I'd be borderline if not hitting the 5/24 soon, I decided to go for the only other card I was interested in this year and apply for the CSR.  Without re-explaining my Amex Plat approval post again, I'll just say I do travel extensively and will have no issue testing both the Amex Plat and this CSR for a year.  On a side note, will have a vacation coming in December therefor will hit the bonus requirements on both cards quickly, so no worries on that thankfully.

DP:  Actually surprised for the approval for the CSR as I am not an existing Chase customer, no banking relationship with them, never held a card with them before.  691 EX/EQ, TU I don't have an update on but should be close in proximity.  Due to the scores alone I felt I was not in the desired 700+ range.  Income is 160k, AAoA is 5yrs, largest CL to date was $5k.  Approved for $10,400 SL which is just above the minimum for the CSR but I'll gladly take and grow that. 

Very ecstatic, again, owe most of what I've learned to everyone on this board. It's the AskJeeves of Fico land. Will officially join the gardening crew after these 2 card approvals for the next 2 seasons, hope there is room to join.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSR Approval - No PreQualification

Congrats on the CSR!

I'm trying out the Plat for now.... the CSR is my dream card, though. I travel enough to warrant either card.

Enjoy the 3x points on dining/entertainment!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 2 of 10
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

000smilieOutstanding.gif  Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.

That's the only card I wanted that eluded me. Now I'm LOL/24 so my only chance before 2020 is to get an in-branch pre-approval.

Message 4 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval.

That's the only card I wanted that eluded me. Now I'm LOL/24 so my only chance before 2020 is to get an in-branch pre-approval.

I can sympthasize there... I'll be in the garden until 2020 so we can suffer in that regard together.  Had I not read all the specifics on the 5/24 here, I very well could've lost that opportunity.  Pretty sure I can travel easy now, have 0 urges... well, I hope no urges for any immediate future cards.  Got the 2 I wanted this year, calling it quits for 2 more...  famous last words right.   Hopefully that "LOL/24" turns into a 4.999/24 and you're set!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be so sure Smiley Happy

There's always some attractive card coming along that you just have to get.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!! Welcome to Chase family !!!

Message 7 of 10
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

How encouraging. Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cred4All wrote:

Seeing all of these Chase approvals lately, and knowing after just getting the Amex Platinum approval that I'd be borderline if not hitting the 5/24 soon, I decided to go for the only other card I was interested in this year and apply for the CSR.  Without re-explaining my Amex Plat approval post again, I'll just say I do travel extensively and will have no issue testing both the Amex Plat and this CSR for a year.  On a side note, will have a vacation coming in December therefor will hit the bonus requirements on both cards quickly, so no worries on that thankfully.

DP:  Actually surprised for the approval for the CSR as I am not an existing Chase customer, no banking relationship with them, never held a card with them before.  691 EX/EQ, TU I don't have an update on but should be close in proximity.  Due to the scores alone I felt I was not in the desired 700+ range.  Income is 160k, AAoA is 5yrs, largest CL to date was $5k.  Approved for $10,400 SL which is just above the minimum for the CSR but I'll gladly take and grow that. 

Very ecstatic, again, owe most of what I've learned to everyone on this board. It's the AskJeeves of Fico land. Will officially join the gardening crew after these 2 card approvals for the next 2 seasons, hope there is room to join.

Super Congrats on your CSR approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Back to back Amex Platinum and CSR approvals is quite the

uptown credit haul. Since you travel so much, I'm sure you'll have

lots of opportunities to break them in and see which card serves

you best. You have a lot to be proud of. Very well done! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your approval. Thanks for sharing

your success, and Bon Voyage!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.