Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Approval Over 5/24

tag
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSR Approval Over 5/24

Just a quick question. How long does it usually take to get offers from case with the check mark?

I have the Amazon with a low $500 limit and a Ritz Carlton Carr worth $20,000. Both got April this year.

I even joined with them with a new checking account.
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Congrats on your CSR approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 28
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and thanks for the datapoints!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@atst2000, I dont think the amount of time you've been with them matters. I believe its if your account/s with them are pretty solid. Most likely when they do the soft pull to your credit and see your profile is strong, it probably triggers them to look at your relationship with them as a whole.
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval!!
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@atst2000, I dont think the amount of time you've been with them matters. I believe its if your account/s with them are pretty solid. Most likely when they do the soft pull to your credit and see your profile is strong, it probably triggers them to look at your relationship with them as a whole.

What does "pretty solid" mean in this case? Direct deposit? Large balances? Multiple products?

It seems Chase is beginning to soften a bit on approvals.. I've recently seen approvals over 5/24 but mostly for existing customers.

Congrats OP!!!

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am LOL/24 and have been considering and chickening out on pulling the trigger on a green check mark CSP offer in my Chase acct. I have the FU and use it regularly like a debit card transfering money from my Chase checking to pay it at least weekly if not several times a week.  I have Chase checking with about $800 worth of direct deposits going there monthly, but they are not my main bank. I also recently took advantage of a mail offer bonus for opening a savings acct with them.

My concern isnt getting denied; it looks like a solid offer. My concern is getting approved and then having Chase shut all my accounts.  Which I have read threads about here on MyFICO and elsewhere. I really like Chase, but the fear factor is what keeps USB my primary bank even though USB has no branches in my area.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!  I've been tempted for several months with some "selected for me" type offers from Chase.  Although I'm 12/24, I've considered it.  In my case though I'm more averse to the HPs and new tradeline and their effect on my scores since I'm hoping to buy a house in the Spring and I want/need my scores as high as possible.  Were it not for that, I'd have already pulled the trigger if for no other reason that to see what happens.  

Once again, congratulations and thank you for sharing your success and data points, it is definitely a topic of much interest around here!

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lpavelchak0204 don’t worry about a “Chase shutdown.” You’ve been targeted for offers because soft pulls on your credit report have shown Chase’s algorithms that you’re an acceptable risk, given the information shown at the time of the soft pull. Plus, Chase credit card and Chase checking/savings account are actually two separate businesses. If you call the number on the back of your credit card, those individuals can only look at your credit card accounts and none of your checking accounts. So getting a new credit card can’t be the sole factor of getting your accounts closed.

You should worry about getting your accounts shutdown if you engage in high risk behaviors such as MS or use your accounts to facilitate illicit activities.

I don’t think approvals are guaranteed with targeted offers, even with my experience, but it’s possible to get around 5/24. Good luck!
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttulaw Definitely garden for a mortgage! The offers page will always be there and your pockets will thank you forever too.

And thank you!!!
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.