Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Approval! Take That, Amex Gold!

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: CSR Approval! Take That, Amex Gold!

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied by Amex Gold for an "expired" offer, so decided to jump earlier than planned on a Sapphire. I was worried about applying because Chase wouldn't show me any preapproved offers; I thought it meant it was too soon after getting CFU (10/2/19). However, everything I read seemed to lean towards me being fine, so I took a shot at applying for the CSR (lots of travel coming up). I'm approved for $26,300 at 18.49% APR! Woohoo!

I haven't checked for my most accurate scores, but here are my estimates from Credit Karma:

786 TransUnion | 779 Equifax

--Looks like Chase did the HP from TU, it's now down 6 pts to 780

--No derogatories, credit utilization was 8% with $51,650 CL

After I hit the minimum spend for points, I think I'll go for the CF and round out that trifecta.

Congrats for the awesome SL's from Chase!

I must note, Chase is NOT a fan of collecting a bunch of thier cards within a short amount of time. Your scores are great and you should be fine with what you have, but I'd give it at least 6 months before going after another Chase card. Chase will be SPing you on a regular basis to make sure you're being prudent with all your credit, so now's a good time to hit "The Garden" for a bit and enjoy your new spending power. Smiley Happy

Welcome to MyFICO!

Message 11 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice approval indeed!  To be seen whether the CSR will remain in my wallet when and if the AF goes up with no additional benefits (speculation at this point) or whether the GOLD will be my daily driver for dining, etc...  For you though the sign-up bonus and card and that limit are all nice.  If indeed they do raise the AF and dont make up for it in any benefits can always downgrade to CSP or CS and re-evaluate if you want the gold at that time

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

I must note, Chase is NOT a fan of collecting a bunch of thier cards within a short amount of time. Your scores are great and you should be fine with what you have, but I'd give it at least 6 months before going after another Chase card. Chase will be SPing you on a regular basis to make sure you're being prudent with all your credit, so now's a good time to hit "The Garden" for a bit and enjoy your new spending power. Smiley Happy

Good to know, thank you! I'll happily wait at least 6 months if it keeps me in Chase's good graces. I don't want to push my luck! 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Very nice approval indeed!  To be seen whether the CSR will remain in my wallet when and if the AF goes up with no additional benefits (speculation at this point) or whether the GOLD will be my daily driver for dining, etc...  For you though the sign-up bonus and card and that limit are all nice.  If indeed they do raise the AF and dont make up for it in any benefits can always downgrade to CSP or CS and re-evaluate if you want the gold at that time

I've been reading the speculation on here about CSR and it's made me a little wary. It is nice knowing I have PC options from this card and I won't be stuck with a card I'd either have to pay for or close. I'll continue my lurking around here to keep up with any news! 

Message 14 of 22
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! 

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CSR approval although I don't understand the adversarial positioning of the Chase CSR vs the Amex Gold.  Both cards can coexist and serve different needs.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new CSR and great starting line!
Message 17 of 22
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I remember being weirdly nervous applying for the CSR but it has been my go to card ever since.  I spent this year getting Chase cards and it has paid off with a nice UR points balance.

Message 19 of 22
Emierja99
Contributor

Great job on getting that excellent limit! When one says no, another will say yes! Congrats! I'll see Chase in about 24 months...Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.