Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Approval with 12-month credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR Approval with 12-month credit history

This forum is a big part of my credit journey. I was here a lot during the time that I started building credit history.

I have a very short credit history but I also want to get CSR since I open the first CC last year because I travel almost every month or so. I applied for CSR about two weeks ago. I didn’t get an instant approval. I got a mail a week after stated that they can’t identify me so I went to the branch to fax the copy of my ID and SSN.

Today, I opened my Chase Apps on my phone and I saw CSR account under my checking account. They give me $15,600 which is the highest that I have right now. I am beyond happy!

Credit History: 12 months (October 2017-2018)
Credit Utilization: 10% and on-time payment
Credit Score: 710
Inquiries: 6
Other Credit Cards:
-Discover IT $5,800 12 months
-AMEX BCE $3,000 11 months
-Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card $300 12 months
Loan: $7,500 (1 year installment ~50% currently)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Re: CSR Approval with 12-month credit history

Wow, thats a superb card to get, with a short history at that!

What kinda ballpark income did you mention? Also does chase happen to be your primary bank?

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 2 of 14
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! I would say I'm surprised but I have heard/seen people getting the CSR with 1 year histories. Have you been an AU or anything on someone else's account? Any previous installments?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NaaryalHead
It came as a surprise to me too! It took a lot of guts to pull the trigger honestly.

My net income is around 80k. And Yes! Chase is my primary bank.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus

Thank you!

I’m so surprised too! No AU accounts and no other previous installments except the one that I have currently.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CSR approval! Great all around travel card! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steve891
It really is a great travel card. Finally I have VISA card that I could use.

I applied for it after I get pre-qual for Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and CSP (no CSR though). Both Freedom cards have green check marks.

I will cancel my WF secured card today so that I don’t have to pay another annual fee. One year mark for this card is less than 2 weeks. Hope my score won’t decrease dramatically.
Message 8 of 14
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Nice! 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and for your sl!!!

Would love to hear answers to the questions some have posted like do you have an established chase customer bank accounts and income disclosed.

It gives others some extra data points to put together.

Major contracts and enjoy your new card!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.