Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR and Citi CLIs, Lowe's CLD

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

CSR and Citi CLIs, Lowe's CLD

Just an update that I requested a CLI on my Citi Double Cash and was approved for a $5,000 increase to $34,600.

Also, logged into my Chase account this morning to see a message that I received an auto-CLI of $5,000 to $30,200. Data point on this, I've run nearly $30,000 through the card since the beginning of the year (trip to Scotland this past June, Mediterranean cruise this past August, and paid for another cruise next March). 

Also, something that made me chuckle -- I have had a Lowe's card since since 2012 that I was able to increase to $35,000 several years back. Haven't used it in probably 2 years (guesstimate). Received an alert that one of my credit limits had changed. Logged into myFico to see my limit had been slashed to $1,500! Smiley Very Happy So, I logged into my Lowe's account and shut it down. No harm, no foul, and my Synchrony relationship has finally come to an end!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: CSR and Citi CLIs, Lowe's CLD

Congrats on your CLIs! 🤑👍👍

I'm thinking of closing Lowes also.

Message 2 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your limit increases!  Sorry to hear about the Lowes card. Glad it didn't seem to mess up your card strategy. If you're interested, I bet the Amex Lowes Business card would make a nice replacement for you! Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Message 3 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the credit increases, Synchrony's lose.

Message 4 of 17
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 17
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Citi & Chase CLI's

Message 6 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@atarvuzdar wrote:

Just an update that I requested a CLI on my Citi Double Cash and was approved for a $5,000 increase to $34,600.

Also, logged into my Chase account this morning to see a message that I received an auto-CLI of $5,000 to $30,200. Data point on this, I've run nearly $30,000 through the card since the beginning of the year (trip to Scotland this past June, Mediterranean cruise this past August, and paid for another cruise next March). 

Also, something that made me chuckle -- I have had a Lowe's card since since 2012 that I was able to increase to $35,000 several years back. Haven't used it in probably 2 years (guesstimate). Received an alert that one of my credit limits had changed. Logged into myFico to see my limit had been slashed to $1,500! Smiley Very Happy So, I logged into my Lowe's account and shut it down. No harm, no foul, and my Synchrony relationship has finally come to an end!

Congrats on all your success!

Message 7 of 17
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Citi CLI approval and your Chase auto-CLI.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 17
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Congrats on both $5K increases on the CSR and Double Cash. 👍

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.