Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR application / approval odds? Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR application / approval odds? Update: Approved

Thinking about applying for the Chase Sapphire Reserve as I anticipate doing some traveling this year. 

My profile:

Credit: Uber Visa ($1.5k, 1yr), WF College ($2.3k, 2yr), WF Propel ($6.7k, 6 months) / Total: $10.5k

FICO: 740 (WF FICO9) / 719 (Barclays)

AAoA: 1 year 2 months

Oldest: 2 years

Income: $50k

No loans, always pay in full

Also opened an account Checking/Savings account with Chase this month. I’m prequalified for Chase Freedom/Unlimited/Sapphire Preferred on the Chase app with 21.99% APR.

What are my odds for approval for the CSR? Should I wait longer and try to get CLI from Uber? Thanks!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSR application / approval odds?

IMO, I'd wait until your history ages a bit.

The CSR has a minimum SL of $10K and looking at what you've shared, it appears there hasn't been much experience in handling tradelines at that level or capacity. How much on average do you put on your CCs monthly?

A CLI request for Uber will result in a HP, possibly 2, but it won't get close to $10K.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My total util is around 17% and I spend around 1-2k a month mostly on the Uber card.

I’m at 2/24 so would it help to open a card that is generous with credit limits to get to $10k?
Message 3 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

IMHO - I would definitely wait. 2 issues that I see - your AAoA is low and you don't have a card that's above 10k. What will you utilize the CSR for? Travel? Points? I would recommend the CSP as you may have a better chance of getting that.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Personally, I wouldn't but that's up to you. I would only do this if said tradeline would benefit my overall profile from a long-term perspective as opposed to just adding "fluff".

Since the CSR isn't going anywhere it's just a matter of timing things out. Otherwise, while you may still be ok in the eyes of the 5/24 restriction, you can still be declined for a young/thin profile or other reasons.

Alternatively, I'm thinking you might be able to swing the CSP instead and then upgrade to CSR after 12 months. Both have the same SUB.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to update / provide DP but applied after waiting two months and was approved for $15.3k SL.

Credit profile hasn’t changed much besides Barclays auto CLI from $1.5k to $3.3k. Happy for the approval 😀
Message 6 of 10
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Congrats !!! And great SL too !!! Hope you enjoy the card and benefits !!!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!!

Welcome to Chase Family

Message 8 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice approval and SL OP. Congratulations. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Approval and the MASSIVE SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.