Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR approved, 25K limit, 23 pt hit to EX, 21 pt hit EQ, 18 pt hit TU

tag
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

CSR approved, 25K limit, 23 pt hit to EX, 21 pt hit EQ, 18 pt hit TU

I applied yesterday afternoon and got the 30 day pending message from the application status line.  Woke up this morning to a new card in my Chase account with a 25k limit and 20.24% apr.  My stated income is $222K.  So that was the good.

The bad was that they pulled Experian and my credit took a 23 point hit.  Seems a bit excessive for a HP.  I won't be getting another card for a while, but I will downgrade my CSP to a Freedom before the AF hits.  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for my credit to rebound.

Edited to add:  Chase did a double pull on EX and EQ.  EQ went down 21 points and TU went down 18 points without new inquiry.  Smiley Sad 

Edited to add: TU rebounded 18 points today.  Fingers crossed the other two CRAs move up.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: CSR approved, 25K limit, 23 pt hit to EX

Congrats, is your file thin? That's a big hit just for one HP.
Message 2 of 15
tjmolly
Regular Contributor

Wow 23 pts?! I didn't get a hit at all.  Weird how HPs are calculated.  My experian FICO 8 Bankcard score was 737. Congrats either way!

@Fleuriste wrote:

I applied yesterday afternoon and got the 30 day pending message from the application status line.  Woke up this morning to a new card in my Chase account with a 25k limit and 20.24% apr.  My stated income is $222K.  So that was the good.

The bad was that they pulled Experian and my credit took a 23 point hit.  Seems a bit excessive for a HP.  I won't be getting another card for a while, but I will downgrade my CSP to a Freedom before the AF hits.  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for my credit to rebound.

Message 3 of 15
redpat
Senior Contributor

@tjmolly wrote:

Wow 23 pts?! I didn't get a hit at all.  Weird how HPs are calculated.  My experian FICO 8 Bankcard score was 737. Congrats either way!

@Fleuriste wrote:

Go figure I went up 1 point.

Thin file, wait when the card hits report for another hit because of AoAA.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 15
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Congrats, is your file thin? That's a big hit just for one HP.

I only have 10-11 accounts depending on which CRA you look at, but it is a good mix: multiple mortgage accounts- 3 open, a closed car loan, and now 3 credit cards.  I'm planning on a jumbo refi in January or February, but felt I needed a 3rd credit card, really wanted this one, and hoped that my credit would rebound by 5 or 6 months. 

Message 5 of 15
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

I really wasn't expecting this large of a hit. I thought 5-10 points.  But I am bracing for the hit due to AAoA being reduced.  The good news is that I don't have to be so careful at the end of the month to have a super low balance on my CC, now that my total available credit has gone from 9600 to 34600.

Message 6 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Fleuriste wrote:

I really wasn't expecting this large of a hit. I thought 5-10 points.  But I am bracing for the hit due to AAoA being reduced.  The good news is that I don't have to be so careful at the end of the month to have a super low balance on my CC, now that my total available credit has gone from 9600 to 34600.

Even though AAoA may drop, wouldn't be surprised if score goes up once a third card is reporting. This happened to me when I got my third. What's your overall utlization right now? And how many accounts are reporting a balance?

Message 7 of 15
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

@Fleuriste wrote:

Yeah that's crazy...  Are you sure there wasn't anything else that updated on your reports?  Higher balance reported on a CC?  Other new account?

I have so many new accounts (15 in last 24 months) and INQs (12+ on all CRAs) that every additional one doesn't really do anything to me...  Literally lose a point at the most now.  

Now in terms of FAKOs like Credit Karma, my scores have plummeted, but that's because they really ding you for new accounts and INQs a lot more than FICO scores it seems.

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 8 of 15
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Even though AAoA may drop, wouldn't be surprised if score goes up once a third card is reporting. This happened to me when I got my third. What's your overall utlization right now? And how many accounts are reporting a balance?

My credit utilization was 2% last reporting period.  Small balance right now, under 1%.  Only one card has a balance.

Message 9 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Fleuriste wrote:

My credit utilization was 2% last reporting period.  Small balance right now, under 1%.  Only one card has a balance.

You may see a bump or no effect. Just from my experience. When 1 of 2 cards is reporting then that's 50% but when 1 of 3 is, it's 33%. FICO seems to like this on my reports.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.