cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR denied: lack of activity (NOW APPROVED!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR denied: lack of activity (NOW APPROVED!)

I applied a couple of weeks ago and recently got denied because of "lack of activity." I'm very shocked because I have 2 cards open with AAoA of 5+ years, no debt, a perfect payment history, and a FICO score of 800+. Spoke with Recon but they kept saying they aren't comfortable because there isn't a lot of activity on my credit report. Seems like I'm being punished for not opening a bunch of credit cards...

Any ideas on what to do? Recon is scheduled to speak with me sometime over the next 2 days. I'm not interested in opening a CSP and I'm only interested in the CSR because it's better than my current card.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR denied: lack of activity

Make some more transactions to create credit history. No activity is almost the same as no credit history. Without data, the FICO algorithm cannot compute.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the credit limits on your two cards?  How frequently do you use your cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied a couple of weeks ago and recently got denied because of "lack of activity." I'm very shocked because I have 2 cards open with AAoA of 5+ years, no debt, a perfect payment history, and a FICO score of 800+. Spoke with Recon but they kept saying they aren't comfortable because there isn't a lot of activity on my credit report. Seems like I'm being punished for not opening a bunch of credit cards...

Any ideas on what to do? Recon is scheduled to speak with me sometime over the next 2 days. I'm not interested in opening a CSP and I'm only interested in the CSR because it's better than my current card.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my card every single day. And I pay it off every month. 

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

One has a limit over 12k, 2nd has a limit over 17k. I use the 2nd one daily. 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying in full is fine but do you ever let balances report?

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay them at the very last possible day, so I'm guessing the balance has to be reported.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doh!

Message 8 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

You pay them after statement date and before due date correct?
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid on due date, never on statement date.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.