Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela's CLI!

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Cabela's CLI!

Swore I wasn't going to try again for another month but i'm a weak,weak man Smiley Embarassed

Doubled my line from 8k to 16k.

Had the card since the spring and haven't even spent $100 total on the card in that time.

Going to follow 12njoy's lead and go for a 2nd one next month on the very remote off chance that Capital One will eventually let combinations of same store-Cobranded cards happenSmiley Tongue

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
daveg38
Established Contributor

Re: Cabela's CLI!

Congrads!

I am running a bunch through this card monthly for two very, very key reasons.

1. I must get a free Yeti cooler. I'm about 1/4 of the way there, and the points I am earning are starting to add up quick.
  2. I need a healthy CLI come my 6 month mark as I don't like how this whole Capital One credit card asset purchase is smelling.

According to the PR regarding this whole thing, Capital One's takeover of the Cabela credit arm will be complete by the first half of 2017. Mostly contingent on how smooth the transaction between Bass Pro and Cabelas goes. Since we all know how "chintzy" CO is with Kohls, I don't suspect their newest co-brand will grow quickly.

So I pray the Cabelas gods will hear me and give me a nice bump in January-ish.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 2 of 7
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Woody - Congrats! Out of curiousity, what's your Equifax Fico? I think getting this card over $15k requires a FICO of 750(ish). Did you request $16k, or did you ask for more and they countered you? Appreciate the info.

Message 3 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Swore I wasn't going to try again for another month but i'm a weak,weak man Smiley Embarassed

Had the card since the spring and haven't even spent $100 total on the card in that time.

Going to follow 12njoy's lead and go for a 2nd one next month on the very remote off chance that Capital One will eventually let combinations of same store-Cobranded cards happenSmiley Tongue

Looks like a good plan.

Congratulations on breaking thru your hesitation on that and pulling in the nice increase!

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nicely done WoodySmiley Happy anytime you can double up is fantastic to meSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
12njoy
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

CONGRATS I CANT CRACK THAT NUT

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 6 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

Woody - Congrats! Out of curiousity, what's your Equifax Fico? I think getting this card over $15k requires a FICO of 750(ish). Did you request $16k, or did you ask for more and they countered you? Appreciate the info.

My EQ has taken a beating over the last 3 months and it's down to 735 from 767 pre spree.

I asked for $20k and was countered with the $16k

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.