cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela's Visa Decline Online...Received Welcome Letter in Mail?

tag
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Cabela's Visa Decline Online...Received Welcome Letter in Mail?

Last week, I was declined when I submitted an online app. Today, I received a welcome letter that stated "Thank you for joining our Cabela's CLUB Visa program". I couldn't tell from the letter if they were thanking me for creating a profile or for applying for the card. When I turned the letter over, there was a "price you pay for credit" report. I was confused so I called in and the rep said I was approved for $3k! 

Has anyone else experienced this?

This visa brings my total credit lines to $170k+!

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cabela's Visa Decline Online...Received Welcome Letter in Mail?

Congratulations....There have been reports of 10 message on line then the card shows up, but haven't seen any of your situation. Not to say it hasn't happened though.

Enjoy your new card! You have to wait 6 months before you can ask for a CLI, and FYI...they pull EQ, and the criteria they use for CLI is much more stricter than approval.
Message 2 of 3
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Re: Cabela's Visa Decline Online...Received Welcome Letter in Mail?

@pizza1 wrote:
Congratulations....There have been reports of 10 message on line then the card shows up, but haven't seen any of your situation. Not to say it hasn't happened though.

Enjoy your new card! You have to wait 6 months before you can ask for a CLI, and FYI...they pull EQ, and the criteria they use for CLI is much more stricter than approval.

Thanks for the info. I want to grow with them before the CO takeover.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.