Did you mean: 

Came out of the garden, ALL approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Came out of the garden, ALL approvals!

Hi all,

Here are my approvals, in that order:

1. AMEX Delta Platinum - $1.4K CL (Offer is to spend $3k in three months for 70k miles, 10k MQM miles, $150 credit after purchasing 1st ticket, annual companion) I fly Delta.  Do have a HUB here in San Diego.  This was a SP instant approval over the phone with a mailer offer letter (same offer as my wife's).

2. U.S. Bank Cash+ - Got the 7-10 day message.  On third day, called the robot lady and said "congrats, application approved".  Not sure on the CL, I'm guessing it will be in the $3k-$5k range.  The card will arrive in about seven days (Offer is to spend $500 in three months and get $100 statement credit).  No HP thus far.  Applied online after seeing a pre-offer at a set APR.

3. NFCU cashRewards - $6.5K CL (started to open a checkings/savings account back online back in 2006 but never finish.  I tried to open online but could not complete due to that and was told to go in the branch.  Finish opening the checkings/savings account from 2006 (lol) at the branch and applied for the credit card the next day).  CSR at the branch said that i could use the same HP from the credit card application for the next 30 days.  I did get a HP for checkings/savings as well, so total of two HPs.  A least i can pull the triggers on something else for the next 30 days.  Applied online, instant approval.  I have not seen the notification for the 2nd HP, only the first one...maybe i got away with it.

Data points when i applied:

TU - 712 (NFCU pulled from here)

EQ - 683

EX - 690

Ch7 d/c on 10/10/2010 (today makes it exactly 7 years) 10/10/2017

No other baddies at all

No lates, ever

Every single credit card is at $0 balance, except for Venture $16k/$46,500 CL and CSP $348/$5k CL

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Came out of the garden, ALL approvals!

Congrats! Those are some solid approvals. 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I’m thinking what else I should try to get with NFCU since it will be same pull.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I’m thinking what else I should try to get with NFCU since it will be same pull.

Oh? Did something change? I always knew NFCU to be pull happy...they pull a fresh bureau for everything. I knew that PenFed uses the same HP for up to 90 days. Please let me know if NFCU changed because that is great news!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh? Did something change? I always knew NFCU to be pull happy...they pull a fresh bureau for everything. I knew that PenFed uses the same HP for up to 90 days. Please let me know if NFCU changed because that is great news!

Yes! When talking to the branch lady, she said a HP will be used for checking/savings account and a second HP should I apply for a card. She said the HP for the credit card will be good for 30 days should I want to apply for another card or car loan, personal loan etc.

i got the notification from the 1st HP but have not receive a second notification for the second HP.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get the Platinum with much lower interest rate. They gave me 6.9% which I didn't really deserve.lol

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't go for a second card. Go for the CLOC.

CONGRATS.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on those great approvals!!! Interesting to hear that NFCU is changing with the policy on credit applicaitons!!!!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went for the CLOC and asked for $15k.  Message says I will hear from them in less than an hour via email or text.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on those great approvals!!! Interesting to hear that NFCU is changing with the policy on credit applicaitons!!!!

Yes, it is nice to be able to apply for other products using the same HP. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.