Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help educate me...?

tag
awk83
Established Member

Can someone help educate me...?

I travel with Delta at least two times a year to Europe with my wife to visit her family. 

We exclusively use Delta because of the SkyTeam and the miles we've racked up and we could beneifit enormously from the AMEX Delta Gold card. 

My score is 667

Credit history: Under 3 years.

Utilization: 30% (because of a recent computer purchase but I'll pay it off in full in two payments)

Inquiries: 9 (none in the last 6 months)

Nothing negative on my account and 100% payments on time. 

I applied once and they requested a tax return then declined me. What area would I need to improve and for how long before I could be considered a good candidate for this card?

Any advice. Please help!

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can someone help educate me...?

How long ago was this and was your tax return close to the income that you stated on app?

Message 2 of 50
awk83
Established Member

I applied February of 2013 and my tax return was 100% accurate with what I stated in the application. 

My income increased about $12,000 from last year as well.

AND

I recently received a Credit Line Increase from Capital One of $1000. 

Message 3 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@awk83 wrote:

I applied February of 2013 and my tax return was 100% accurate with what I stated in the application. 

My income increased about $12,000 from last year as well.

AND

I recently received a Credit Line Increase from Capital One of $1000. 

That's your only credit card is capital one?

Message 4 of 50
awk83
Established Member

I have two credit cards both Capital One and credit from a Jewelry Store... That's all.

Cap One: $2000 Limit

Cap One: 1500 Limit

Jewler: $3000

Message 5 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@awk83 wrote:

I have two credit cards both Capital One and credit from a Jewelry Store... That's all.

Cap One: $2000 Limit

Cap One: 1500 Limit

Jewler: $3000

Do you have your recent credit scores?

looks like it's time for an app spree!!

have you checked the pre-qual on the sites for chase, citicards, discover, Bank of America to see if you have offers for cards?

id look at those and also apply for the Amex again

Message 6 of 50
awk83
Established Member

Won't that add a bunch of inquiries? Clearly you're well educated on the matter considering the cards you have...

I'm trying to learn what behaviors impact credit the worst... I am checking those sites right now. 

Is there a difference with Cards "recommended" vs. Pre-Approvals?

And no, I don't have my most recent scores...

Message 7 of 50
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

It seems by the info you've given that you would definitely be primed for the Delta Amex... Do you use anything like credit karma or Credit Sesame? Just curious, because those are pretty good, but are fake scores, and will alert you if you have things happen to your credit. (Not actively, but if you log in to the websites they are more helpful than not.)
Message 8 of 50
awk83
Established Member

I use credit karma and quizzle...

Message 9 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@awk83 wrote:

Won't that add a bunch of inquiries? Clearly you're well educated on the matter considering the cards you have...

I'm trying to learn what behaviors impact credit the worst... I am checking those sites right now. 

Is there a difference with Cards "recommended" vs. Pre-Approvals?

And no, I don't have my most recent scores...

Recommended is not what you are looking for.

well inq's are not all evil just depends if you have a mortgage purchase in the 1 year future... If not then 3-5 inq's are no big deal and the rewards you could gain from some of these cards would far out way, especially this delta Amex.

what capital once cards do you have? Quicksilver?

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.