Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help educate me...?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can someone help educate me...?

@awk83 wrote:

I use my credit cards for gas, groceries and big ticket items like the computer. I honestly think the inquiries early on and the lack of history is what's killing me. 

AND I tried purchasing the myfico report and they require an additional call as well. At this point I can't even get my credit report without someone being freaked out. 

AMEX's website said they need the bank infor for address verification... I Called Citi about the decline and they said I have too many inquiries in a short period and that's why they declined. I'm just going to wait it out and if I get declined call for the cards I want and if I get them great if not oh well, either way I'm taking the foot off the gas for at least 6 months. 

call discover and bofa during business ours at the backdoor numbers... citi is practically impossible to recon so don't get upset about them.

maybe the needing to verify yourself for even your fico on here is a sign of the addresses matching up and a good chance of same on the credit cards... no biggie, you call and verify a couple things off your credit report and they give you a code for instant access.

Message 41 of 50
awk83
Established Member

Chase freedom also prompted that I need to wait as its under review...

You guys are an enormous wealth of knowledge... I hope in years to come I can master all of this like everyone here...

Message 42 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@awk83 wrote:

Chase freedom also prompted that I need to wait as its under review...

You guys are an enormous wealth of knowledge... I hope in years to come I can master all of this like everyone here...

okay... i wait for some exciting updates on Tuesday then...

Message 43 of 50
megaman1
Regular Contributor

OP's probably not telling us something..

Message 44 of 50
awk83
Established Member

Nope. I'm telling you everything that's what's making me worried... I guess we'll find out Tuesday!

Message 45 of 50
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@awk83 wrote:

I use my credit cards for gas, groceries and big ticket items like the computer. I honestly think the inquiries early on and the lack of history is what's killing me. 

AND I tried purchasing the myfico report and they require an additional call as well. At this point I can't even get my credit report without someone being freaked out. 

AMEX's website said they need the bank infor for address verification... I Called Citi about the decline and they said I have too many inquiries in a short period and that's why they declined. I'm just going to wait it out and if I get declined call for the cards I want and if I get them great if not oh well, either way I'm taking the foot off the gas for at least 6 months. 

Ah, if you have to do address verification, don't wait go do that.  See on your reports if your address is listed as correct, it may not be.  That's going to be a constant problem until you resolve it one way or another.

        
Message 46 of 50
awk83
Established Member

Discover IT: Approved- $800

AMEX Delta: Declined - Score too low, too many inquiries and utilization is too high.

Chase Freedom: Declined -They said they didn't care about the score or inquiries just that utilization be brought down and I can reapply as soon as that happens! He also said if I had a history with Chase they would have likely approved me.

The theme was similar between both conversations. 

So I guess I have a couple things going for me -- Discover approved me so that's an awesome step in the right direction.

The gentleman I spoke to at Chase said honestly if I get my utilization down they'll reconsider. So once my Capital One increases reflect on my account, the Discover is on the account AND I made a huge payment to my cards today that brings utilization down to around 10% so we will see soon.

So how long till all this reflects and is reported so I can contact Chase and Amex and have them reconsider?

Message 47 of 50
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@awk83 wrote:

I travel with Delta at least two times a year to Europe with my wife to visit her family. 

We exclusively use Delta because of the SkyTeam and the miles we've racked up and we could beneifit enormously from the AMEX Delta Gold card. 

My score is 667

Credit history: Under 3 years.

Utilization: 30% (because of a recent computer purchase but I'll pay it off in full in two payments)

Inquiries: 9 (none in the last 6 months)

Nothing negative on my account and 100% payments on time. 

I applied once and they requested a tax return then declined me. What area would I need to improve and for how long before I could be considered a good candidate for this card?

Any advice. Please help!

You do have a thin file, and INQ can have more of an impact on a thin file.  Are the INQ less than a year old?

I would still pull all CRs and review, especially EX, if you haven't already.   Anyway, congrats on Discover approval!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 48 of 50
awk83
Established Member

6 of my 10 inquiries are currently over a year old. I had 9 inquiries but one of my applications from this application spree just posted. 

And also, how long do balances take to accurately reflect on the reports? Because they're telling me they show around 60% utilization when I made payments after the computer purchase that brings me down to 30%...

Whatever happens I consider today a success I'm really excited about the Discover!!!!

Message 49 of 50
vpae
Established Contributor

@awk83 wrote:

6 of my 10 inquiries are currently over a year old. I had 9 inquiries but one of my applications from this application spree just posted. 

And also, how long do balances take to accurately reflect on the reports? Because they're telling me they show around 60% utilization when I made payments after the computer purchase that brings me down to 30%...

Whatever happens I consider today a success I'm really excited about the Discover!!!!

Congrats on the Discover approval!

How long it takes for the balances to report depends on when the bank cuts the statement, and it's usually a few days around that date. It's also possible that they are looking at an older report.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.