Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 2nd CLI less than 3 months.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 2nd CLI less than 3 months.

Opened card September 17.2017 (QS1) December upgraded to Ven 1 was excited offer so quick using upgrade link. Received first cli in January. I figured I would try for another after getting Amex cli earlier last week. Instant denial due to recent cli. The day after paid off current balance. 2 days later I received email stating message was waiting for me so I checked account and saw cli. Data points in sig but also have run 8k thru cap 1 in 3 months again using method of running up balance and pif by closing date. It worked for me with amex spg 63 day cli after denial on delta gold even tho pif but not running up balance to more than 50 percent but not higher than 80 percent like I did on Ven 1 and SPG.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 2nd CLI less than 3 months.

So you have received 2 CLI's in 2 months with Capital One. I don't think I've read of anyone receiving CLI unless it was 6 months apart from Capital One. Congrats! How much was each CLI?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct and I expected denial based on forum. On par with others. First cli was minimal...500 which frustrated me because the amount I put throught it. Second cli.. 2100. Card total 7.6k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just re-read your post. It appears you may be in credit steps, you got a CLI at 4 months, and your credit steps increase at 6 months. If that's the case, it's in line with what has been reported on this board for some, a CLI at 3rd or 4th month, and the credit steps CLI at 6 months.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe but I doubt credit steps start off with SL of 5k. My other qs1 pc from platinum Aug 2017 (learning from forum and link) age is 7yrs.. is credit steps and at 2500 from 1k in past 7 yrs. I never requested cli until this forum which resulted in 1500 increase in a yr. This is second card with cap 1.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Maybe but I doubt credit steps start off with SL of 5k. My other qs1 pc from platinum Aug 2017 (learning from forum and link) age is 7yrs.. is credit steps and at 2500 from 1k in past 7 yrs. I never requested cli until this forum which resulted in 1500 increase in a yr. This is second card with cap 1.

That's true, I've never seen credit steps with a starting Cl of $5000, so I don't know.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Your score progression in one year has been stellar.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx! Followed the forum advice.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.