Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Auto CLI

tag
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 Auto CLI

Just wanted to share: I have a Cap1 QS1 that I have had for 2 years - it was my first decent card when I was just starting to rebuild (mid 500s for scores). Original SL was $1,000. After about 9 months it grew to $2,000. I don't use the card much any more (basically just recurring monthly charges for my phone and car insurance). It's always been PIF'd. Yesterday my annual fee hit the account, so just like last year, I hopped on live chat to see if they could remove that fee, and they did (for a second time now). I got an email this morning from Cap1 saying they've increased my credit line to $5,000 - the smallest credit line I have still. 

From seeing other posts, I'd imagine the card will max out at this credit line. So for now, it'll just sit there and have its $200/month charged to it. People can say what they want about Cap1, but for me - they gave me a chance when other lenders would not, and they've helped me grow into better cards. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Auto CLI

@JGGM wrote:

Just wanted to share: I have a Cap1 QS1 that I have had for 2 years - it was my first decent card when I was just starting to rebuild (mid 500s for scores). Original SL was $1,000. After about 9 months it grew to $2,000. I don't use the card much any more (basically just recurring monthly charges for my phone and car insurance). It's always been PIF'd. Yesterday my annual fee hit the account, so just like last year, I hopped on live chat to see if they could remove that fee, and they did (for a second time now). I got an email this morning from Cap1 saying they've increased my credit line to $5,000 - the smallest credit line I have still. 

From seeing other posts, I'd imagine the card will max out at this credit line. So for now, it'll just sit there and have its $200/month charged to it. People can say what they want about Cap1, but for me - they gave me a chance when other lenders would not, and they've helped me grow into better cards. 

I agree!! They are currently helping me out. Congrats your CL increase and getting the fee wavied. I'm i will always keep  my Cap One card.

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!! I agree as well. Capital One is my only card right now and my rebuild only started a couple months ago, but they were the only ones that would pre-approve me and wasn't a fee card or a secured card. I'm very happy to have been given the chance by them. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the CLI and the AF waiver! Nice! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on the CLI and the AF waiver! Nice! Smiley Happy

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.