Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI

tag
Fico_Salamanca
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 CLI

So I requested an increase from Cap 1 QS, and I get the typical response wait 2 to 3 days for a decision. Two days later I get an email telling me to check my documents, and I got denied. Reason for the denial "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low". So I message Cap 1 back thanking them for the opportunity for a unsecured card but the limit is too low ($300) for me to use as a daily driver. I PIF my balance using all my available my rewards cash, lock my card and remove it from my digital wallet. 

So the next day I get an email from Cap 1 saying your credit line has increased to $600. Wow, go figure!  

>

>

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap 1 CLI

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 20
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Fico_Salamanca wrote:

So I requested an increase from Cap 1 QS, and I get the typical response wait 2 to 3 days for a decision. Two days later I get an email telling me to check my documents, and I got denied. Reason for the denial "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low". So I message Cap 1 back thanking them for the opportunity for a unsecured card but the limit is too low ($300) for me to use as a daily driver. I PIF my balance using all my available my rewards cash, lock my card and remove it from my digital wallet. 

So the next day I get an email from Cap 1 saying your credit line has increased to $600. Wow, go figure!  

Congrats with the, "Go Figure" tactics!

Message 4 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!!! Guess I gotta try sticking it to robo-lady algorithm.

Message 5 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 6 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Fico_Salamanca wrote:

LOL, makes you wonder if it was in response to what you did or just an auto increase. In any case grats on the 2x CLI Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 20
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 8 of 20
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

That's a head-scratcher, but congratulations! 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply awesome move. Terrific job! Congrats!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.