Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals

tag
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals

Applied for the Cap 1 GMC Buypower card since I was helping daughter to get a 2019 Chevy Camaro. Instant approval for $3,000 ($65k income). I felt card was needed for one of the rebates on the new car.  Maybe now we can build points towards regular maintenance services.

Also, since my car needs regular maintenance work done now as well, I applied for the Comenity Lexus Pursuits Visa Signature card. It was not an instant approval. Had to call in to verify security questions. It took me 2 days to reach a rep that could assist. Pulled Equifax (30 inquiries to date, half will fall off this year, most are from auto and mortgage inquiries). Approved for $10,000.

Scores are accurate in sig. Util <1%.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals

Congrats on both approvals!

Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals"

Message 3 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus VISA Signature approvals and Thanks for the DPs!!!  

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A nice double play, grats!
Message 5 of 9
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@ls2016 wrote:

Applied for the Cap 1 GMC Buypower card since I was helping daughter to get a 2019 Chevy Camaro. Instant approval for $3,000 ($65k income). I felt card was needed for one of the rebates on the new car.  Maybe now we can build points towards regular maintenance services.

Also, since my car needs regular maintenance work done now as well, I applied for the Comenity Lexus Pursuits Visa Signature card. It was not an instant approval. Had to call in to verify security questions. It took me 2 days to reach a rep that could assist. Pulled Equifax (30 inquiries to date, half will fall off this year, most are from auto and mortgage inquiries). Approved for $10,000.

Scores are accurate in sig. Util <1%.

Did Cap 1 pull all 3 credit bureaus for the Buypower Card?

Message 6 of 9
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Yes
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just can’t see the big benefit of these cards unless say you have a family of 4 and everyone drives a Lexus.

Message 8 of 9
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

And most in my immediate family drive Chevys, GMCs, and Lexus; hence why I applied for the cards Smiley Happy. But to your point, honestly speaking, I personally don't see much benefit in any credit card. I've been on this forum since August of 2016 and have 18 cards (3 store cards) and none are in my wallet. When I were using them, I found myself spending even more money than I normally would have. To each it's own!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.