cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals

Applied for the Cap 1 GMC Buypower card since I was helping daughter to get a 2019 Chevy Camaro. Instant approval for $3,000 ($65k income). I felt card was needed for one of the rebates on the new car.  Maybe now we can build points towards regular maintenance services.

Also, since my car needs regular maintenance work done now as well, I applied for the Comenity Lexus Pursuits Visa Signature card. It was not an instant approval. Had to call in to verify security questions. It took me 2 days to reach a rep that could assist. Pulled Equifax (30 inquiries to date, half will fall off this year, most are from auto and mortgage inquiries). Approved for $10,000.

Scores are accurate in sig. Util <1%.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 726, Tu 746, Eq 716
Current FICO 9s: Ex 748, Tu ?? Eq 725
Total TLs: $160,000
32 (30-60 day) mortgage lates remain
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals

Congrats on both approvals!

Message 2 of 9
Senior Contributor

"GMC Buypower and Lexus Visa approvals"

Message 3 of 9
Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Cap 1 GMC Buypower and Lexus VISA Signature approvals and Thanks for the DPs!!!  

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $12.5K | Discover $15.5K | OpenSky $300 BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) | BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K |
Apple Card MC $6K | NFCU cashRewards $1K
TCL - $114K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 4 of 9

A nice double play, grats!
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 5 of 9
Established Contributor

@ls2016 wrote:

Applied for the Cap 1 GMC Buypower card since I was helping daughter to get a 2019 Chevy Camaro. Instant approval for $3,000 ($65k income). I felt card was needed for one of the rebates on the new car.  Maybe now we can build points towards regular maintenance services.

Also, since my car needs regular maintenance work done now as well, I applied for the Comenity Lexus Pursuits Visa Signature card. It was not an instant approval. Had to call in to verify security questions. It took me 2 days to reach a rep that could assist. Pulled Equifax (30 inquiries to date, half will fall off this year, most are from auto and mortgage inquiries). Approved for $10,000.

Scores are accurate in sig. Util <1%.

Did Cap 1 pull all 3 credit bureaus for the Buypower Card?

Message 6 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Yes
Message 7 of 9
Contributor

I just can’t see the big benefit of these cards unless say you have a family of 4 and everyone drives a Lexus.

Discover It - 19.1K
Citi Double Cash - 16K
AMEX BCP - 35K
Elan Financial - 24.2K
Uber - 25K
Amazon Prime Visa Sig - 9.6K
Fort Knox Platinum - 2.5K
US Bank Cash+ - 14K
Citi AAdvantage PSWE - 21.5K
Message 8 of 9
Frequent Contributor

And most in my immediate family drive Chevys, GMCs, and Lexus; hence why I applied for the cards Smiley Happy. But to your point, honestly speaking, I personally don't see much benefit in any credit card. I've been on this forum since August of 2016 and have 18 cards (3 store cards) and none are in my wallet. When I were using them, I found myself spending even more money than I normally would have. To each it's own!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.