Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 QS CLI

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

Cap 1 QS CLI

So before Dec 1, my reported card utilization was at 92.9%.  I paid down that credit card to where I got to 1% utilization, but every time I submitted a CLI request on the Cap 1 website, they would pull an old credit report (showing my old utilization and old scores) and deny me.

Some datapoints below

Requested on date - Credit report pulled

Dec 12 - Oct 30

Dec 16 - Oct 30

Dec 23 - Nov 27

Jan 1 - Nov 27

Jan 7 - Nov 27

Jan 12 - Nov 27

Jan 18 - Nov 27

Jan 21 - Approved, haven't gotten the online doc yet, but I can assume it's a December statement.

Didn't want to call in and risk a hard pull (has anyone recon'd a CLI denial and had it turned over with a soft pull?), so I just kept applying until I got it.

H/t to @keithai1986, whose topic made me go ahead and try today; I'd have tried tomorrow anyway, but still, thanks to his topic, I knew they were finally pulling using December reports.

Asked for a $2k CLI, they countered with a $3k CLI, so I accepted.  I'm gonna be keeping an eye on my reports, have my eye on a few cards (gonna shoot my shot with PenFed again, gonna eventually app for the CSP, and if I get the CSP, I'll wait a few months and try for the Freedom)

12 REPLIES 12
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: Cap 1 QS CLI

Congratulations on your CLI!

Same thing here with the old reports. Hopefully at the end of this month it will update for my account 🤦🏽‍♀️
Message 2 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said you “asked for 2K and they countered with 3K”... was this online or did you call in?
Message 4 of 13
difringe
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You said you “asked for 2K and they countered with 3K”... was this online or did you call in?

I did it online.  I'm assuming that if you're approved for an amount greater than what you requested, they give you the choice of just taking what you were asking for or going up to the amount they approved you for.

Message 5 of 13
difringe
Established Contributor

@CivalV wrote:
Congratulations on your CLI!

Same thing here with the old reports. Hopefully at the end of this month it will update for my account 🤦🏽‍♀️

Idk if it's tied to your statement date (my statements cut on the 27th), but if it isn't, I think you should go ahead and check today just in case.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap One CLI!Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats. Cap1 doesn't do recon. Whatever the computer says is the final decision.

Message 8 of 13
difringe
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Congrats. Cap1 doesn't do recon. Whatever the computer says is the final decision.

Thanks for this info! I saw online that they'll approve CLI every 6 months at the earliest; do you happen to know if that's true?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI !!!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.