cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Savor One Approval - First unsecured card after BK!

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 Savor One Approval - First unsecured card after BK!

I check Cap 1's pre-approval page once in awhile. That started a month or so after my BK discharge towards the end of June. At first I got nothing. Then they gave me some offers that I don't remember when I checked in September. Recently I started getting emails that said "Your credit card options may have changed. See what card(s) offers you may be pre-approved for. So I checked today. The Savor One card was one of the options I was pre-approved for. Of course I came over here to research the card and get a feel for what people were getting for SLs. I origionally planned to wait until my AAoA is at 1 year but... I fell out of the garden and and hit the submit button. I was rewarded with a $3000 limit! I feel that is worth the 3X inquiries. The APR is kind of high at 28.49% but I'll never carry a balance. 

Cap 1 cards can grow nicely so I'm happy to get this. It will replace one of my secured cards at some point. 

My current scores are EQ - 685, TU - 652 and EX - 647. Utilization is at 1%. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Savor One Approval - First unsecured card after BK!

@masscredit wrote:

I check Cap 1's pre-approval page once in awhile. That started a month or so after my BK discharge towards the end of June. At first I got nothing. Then they gave me some offers that I don't remember when I checked in September. Recently I started getting emails that said "Your credit card options may have changed. See what card(s) offers you may be pre-approved for. So I checked today. The Savor One card was one of the options I was pre-approved for. Of course I came over here to research the card and get a feel for what people were getting for SLs. I origionally planned to wait until my AAoA is at 1 year but... I fell out of the garden and and hit the submit button. I was rewarded with a $3000 limit! I feel that is worth the 3X inquiries. The APR is kind of high at 28.49% but I'll never carry a balance. 

Cap 1 cards can grow nicely so I'm happy to get this. It will replace one of my secured cards at some point. 

My current scores are EQ - 685, TU - 652 and EX - 647. Utilization is at 1%. 

well done

Congrats!

don't eat out with uber eats too much now Smiley Very Happy

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Savor One Approval.

Message 3 of 32
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Good for you. Nice.

Message 4 of 32
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Savor One approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 32
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

Great card. I use mine many times per month usually for groceries 3 pct cash back.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 32
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One SavorOne Rewards approval

Message 7 of 32
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Cap 1 Savor One approval and best wishes on your continued rebuild.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 32
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Congrats! The Savor One has some really nice rewards, and Cap1 is very easy when it comes to redemption. If you haven't already, it might be worth checking out their virtual cards and offers. Mine's a Quicksilver, but I use the virtual cards a lot for online purchases because I like not having to give out my real card number to random websites, as well as being able to lock the virtual card when I'm done with it. And with the holiday season, some of the offers are pretty good. The main limitation is you have to click through their links so it's online only, and the rewards can take a long time to post (3 months).

Message 9 of 32
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

Congrats! The Savor One has some really nice rewards, and Cap1 is very easy when it comes to redemption. If you haven't already, it might be worth checking out their virtual cards and offers. Mine's a Quicksilver, but I use the virtual cards a lot for online purchases because I like not having to give out my real card number to random websites, as well as being able to lock the virtual card when I'm done with it. And with the holiday season, some of the offers are pretty good. The main limitation is you have to click through their links so it's online only, and the rewards can take a long time to post (3 months).

I saw that when I was setting up the account. I usually don't use things like that but I might take advantage of it. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.