cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Savor One Approval - First unsecured card after BK!

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Savor One Approval - First unsecured card after BK!

@Anonymalous wrote:

Congrats! The Savor One has some really nice rewards, and Cap1 is very easy when it comes to redemption. If you haven't already, it might be worth checking out their virtual cards and offers. Mine's a Quicksilver, but I use the virtual cards a lot for online purchases because I like not having to give out my real card number to random websites, as well as being able to lock the virtual card when I'm done with it. And with the holiday season, some of the offers are pretty good. The main limitation is you have to click through their links so it's online only, and the rewards can take a long time to post (3 months).

The last 2 times i cashed out my rewards this year on my savor one they had a check in my mailbox in 3 days

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 11 of 32
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@masscredit congrats on the S1!  Such a great feeling to hit the submit buttong and not vomit upon the next screen, lol.

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 32
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

Congrats! The Savor One has some really nice rewards, and Cap1 is very easy when it comes to redemption. If you haven't already, it might be worth checking out their virtual cards and offers. Mine's a Quicksilver, but I use the virtual cards a lot for online purchases because I like not having to give out my real card number to random websites, as well as being able to lock the virtual card when I'm done with it. And with the holiday season, some of the offers are pretty good. The main limitation is you have to click through their links so it's online only, and the rewards can take a long time to post (3 months).

The last 2 times i cashed out my rewards this year on my savor one they had a check in my mailbox in 3 days

Yes, redeeming rewards is easy. But when I click through one of the offers with a higher reward rate to the website and make a purchase, there's an email confirmation in a couple days, but the statement credit can take 2-3 months to show up. For instance, I used the NordVPN 90% back offer 2 days ago (it stacks with the Black Friday deal), and I got an email that the purchase qualifies today. But I don't expect to see the $80+ in statement credits until at least late January.

Message 13 of 32
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@IamWesty12 wrote:

@masscredit congrats on the S1!  Such a great feeling to hit the submit buttong and not vomit upon the next screen, lol.

Lol!!! Funny thing is, I picture rolling dice after I hit the submit button. I had a feeling I was going to get a $3K limit while hoping it wasn't $500. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 14 of 32
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Please be aware...Cap1, unlike almost every other card issuer, always does a triple credit pull when you apply. It will create an inquiry at all 3 major Credit reporting agencies.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 15 of 32
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Cap1 Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 16 of 32
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

Yes, redeeming rewards is easy. But when I click through one of the offers with a higher reward rate to the website and make a purchase, there's an email confirmation in a couple days, but the statement credit can take 2-3 months to show up. For instance, I used the NordVPN 90% back offer 2 days ago (it stacks with the Black Friday deal), and I got an email that the purchase qualifies today. But I don't expect to see the $80+ in statement credits until at least late January.

I have read that those offers take a while to register but the cash back takes a few days max to register. The only store i really use on the cap 1 deals is home depot. the home depot is less than a mile from me and the veteran discount is 10 pct not counting the cash back on my QS so i always buy that way,  as far as the savor is concerned if im not sure how a store codes i buy a small cheap item there and then see how it codes on my account page.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 17 of 32
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

I have read that those offers take a while to register but the cash back takes a few days max to register. The only store i really use on the cap 1 deals is home depot. the home depot is less than a mile from me and the veteran discount is 10 pct not counting the cash back on my QS so i always buy that way,  as far as the savor is concerned if im not sure how a store codes i buy a small cheap item there and then see how it codes on my account page.

I haven't paid that much attention, but I think general cash back is applied when a charge posts. There's no redemption minimum on my QS, and I can get checks, statement credit, or an ACH to any bank account. Quick and easy, compared to most other credit issuers. But the offers are definitely different. I rarely use them during the year, but they seem to get better around the holidays, so I've been using them lately. I've used 3-7% back offers on various retailers, as well as the $5 back offer on Hulu and the 90% off NordVPN this year. I don't know when those rewards will post, but based on past experience 2-3 months is typical.

Message 18 of 32
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

I haven't paid that much attention, but I think general cash back is applied when a charge posts. There's no redemption minimum on my QS, and I can get checks, statement credit, or an ACH to any bank account. Quick and easy, compared to most other credit issuers. But the offers are definitely different. I rarely use them during the year, but they seem to get better around the holidays, so I've been using them lately. I've used 3-7% back offers on various retailers, as well as the $5 back offer on Hulu and the 90% off NordVPN this year. I don't know when those rewards will post, but based on past experience 2-3 months is typical.

The cash back on a transaction wont show while that transaction is pending, when the transaction is official it shows. My QS and S1 are on the same account page and i just join the cash backs on both cards when i redeem. like i said the 2 times i redeemed this year, both for 100 plus, resulted in a check from cap 1 in my mailbox in 3 days.

Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 19 of 32
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the new Savor card!!! Enjoyed reading about it,

cheers

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.