Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 - Winning!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 - Winning!

I have been on the board in the past stating that I couldn't get any of my cards to CLI (both Discover and Cap 1) forever.  I have had a Quicksilver that used to be a Journey (upgraded some time ago) from around 2010 I think.  I had to combine another card into it to get it to it's current SL - almost 4K.  I have been trying to get a CLI on it for a long time - probably 18 months or more.  After being told "no" again this month, I decided it was time to get a new Cap 1 card and start working toward the combo process again.  After reading other's stories here - I thought - Maybe I'm bucketed differently now....

Though I realize that my scores aren't necessarily the Quicksilver range - I applied on 11/30 for a regular QS anyway (not QS1) because I already have one, and I like the fact that there's no annual fee.  I immediately got the 7-10 day message and figured it was a denial.  I called CS and they said it was under review and I could call and check the application status line after 48 hours.  I let it go assuming a denial (as has been in the past).

To my surprise, I got a letter in the mail from them yesterday - 12/6 - not only stating that my new QS had been approved - but that my new SL will be 15K!!!!!!  WOOP WOOOP!!!!

I do have a NFCU card with an 18K SL - so the SL isn't what got me so excited (though it is pretty sweet)...  Its that after YEARS of $100-300 CLI's on my Cap1 cards - if at all - I finally get a big girl card with them!!  I couldn't feel more reassured that what the DH and I have been doing with our rebuilds has been the right thing.

Now to crack the Discover code...... ;-)

7 REPLIES 7
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 - Winning!

Very NICE, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice approval! 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy moly!  If you prepay Spotify for the next 2000 months right now they'll credit you back 50% lol.  

166 years of Spotify...

Message 4 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Has to be a great feeling to know your credit journey with DH is finally paying off. Congrats there!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Awesome SL.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice read.  Diligence pays off.  Congratulations.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

look@ that. BIG C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to you on your new card and limit. So there is life beyond QS1....gotta check it out. I think QS1 cards are starter cards. You make we wanna unfreeze TU to see what I'll get.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.