cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One? Did you just do what I think you did!?

LaHossBoss
Senior Contributor

Cap One? Did you just do what I think you did!?

I am just getting ready for bed and an email pops up on my phone.

I thought, naw, this is spam! Cap One doesn't do this, right??

Screenshot_20210115-082558_Gmail.jpg

I seriously logged into the app straight away to make sure!

For some reason I thought Cap One tightened up the purse strings $$$ and wasn't doing auto-CLIs right now and just giving measly 10% (or $100) luv button CLIs? I could be wrong, but thought this could be a good DP to share!

I noticed last night when I pulled my TU CR that they SP'd me on 1/9. They rarely SP me when they SP my SO all the time.

I was planning in doing a luv button CLI request in Feb when my account hits 1 yr. Is that a no go now? They count auto and requested CLIs the same and can only get 1 every 6 months? Regardless, I am ecstatic because that method would have taken me 2+ years to get to $1k from where I sat!

DPs:

Bad credit, rebuilding. Baddies slipping off my CRs every month and scores staying roughly the same.

I spend *a lot* on this card and make *a lot* of payments throughout the month. I probably cycled thru my $500 limit 4-10 x a month. With such a small limit, it couldn't come close to cover my regular spending and bills.

11th statement should cut any day now and the account is 11 months old (opened 2/22/2020).

Current scores in siggy.

Not sure if they saw current util or caught it right before it reported, but it went up for the holidays (darn vacation and Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale!). 30% aggregate util, currently. Was 18% aggregate. Normally I am at AZEO and 1% individual (for non-zero)/ aggregate. Kinda funny they gave a CLI when I had higher util and 2 of 3 cards reporting a balance.

This was a plain Platinum that started w/ $300 limit that was PC'd to a QS, got an early Credit Steps CLI of $100 ($300 > $400) and then when credit steps was complete I got another $100 ($400 > $500).

Anyway, total happy dance right now! This is my second $1k card now, but my only bankcard, and I couldn't be happier for the time being! I was getting terribly discouraged with my rebuild progress and this totally revived me!

Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 550 | TU 498 | EX 505
Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 651] [F9 651] [EQ5 684] [VS3 630] | TU [F8 717] [F9 692] [TU4 723] [VS3 639] | EX [F8 718] [F9 673] [EX2 681] [VS3 675]
Goal Score: 670 [X] TU [X] EX

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

SO Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 502 | TU 484 | EX 521
SO Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 661] [F9 622] [EQ5 677] [VS3 646] | TU [F8 705] [F9 673] [TU4 639] [VS3 627] [VS4 666] | EX [F8 719] [F9 708] [EX2 679] [VS3 665]
Goal Score: 670 [X] TU [X] EX

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One? Did you just do what I think you did!?

Congrats on your increase!  $1k is much more usable than $500, esp for your main card.

Message 2 of 27
Jaysee
Regular Contributor

Nice surprise! Congrats 😁

Message 3 of 27
Rebuild2019
Established Contributor

Congratulations @LaHossBoss on your CLI

CARDS: Discover It | QuickSilver One | Kohl’s | BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards | BB&T Bright | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum | Amazon Prime | OverStock
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574
Message 4 of 27
Aptus
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!  Double the CLI, that is great news!

Message 5 of 27
Credit4Growth
Valued Contributor

That is a great surprise! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

20200919_194550.gif

|| DTI 8% || Mortgage Scores: EQ724, Tu694, EX726 ||
Inquiries: EQ/TU/EX (0 / 2 / 1) - 0/6 - 0/12 - 3/24 ||

Next App on the list is ???
Last apps: (2) August 18, 2019
Garden goal - Unknown date, 2021
Going for Sapphire spade - May 18th 2021

Dirty/ Thick/ Aged/
Message 6 of 27
AllZero
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PCLI!
Message 7 of 27
Greenmach
Valued Member

Hey congrats on your CLI!  I'm only 3 months into my platinum so *fingers crossed* they upgrade me here in a couple months. 

Starting Score: 511 521 411
Current Score: 639 622 570
Goal Score: 700

Message 8 of 27
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 27
Dp23
Valued Member

@LaHossBoss wrote:

I am just getting ready for bed and an email pops up on my phone.

I thought, naw, this is spam! Cap One doesn't do this, right??

Screenshot_20210115-082558_Gmail.jpg

For some reason I thought Cap One tightened up the purse strings $$$ and wasn't doing auto-CLIs right now and just giving measly 10% (or $100) luv button CLIs? I could be wrong, but thought this could be a good DP to share!

I noticed last night when I pulled my TU CR that they SP'd me on 1/9. They rarely SP me when they SP my SO all the time.

I was planning in doing a luv button CLI request in Feb when my account hits 1 yr. Is that a no go now? They count auto and requested CLIs the same and can only get 1 every 6 months? Regardless, I am ecstatic because that method would have taken me 2+ years to get to $1k from where I sat!

DPs:

Bad credit, rebuilding. Baddies slipping off my CRs every month and scores staying roughly the same.

I spend *a lot* on this card and make *a lot* of payments throughout the month. I probably cycled thru my $500 limit 4-10 x a month. With such a small limit, it couldn't come close to cover my regular spending and bills.

11th statement should cut any day now and the account is 11 months old (opened 2/22/2020).

Current scores in siggy.

Not sure if they saw current util or caught it right before it reported, but it went up for the holidays (darn vacation and Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale!). 30% aggregate util, currently. Was 18% aggregate. Normally I am at AZEO and 1% individual (for non-zero)/ aggregate. Kinda funny they gave a CLI when I had higher util and 2 of 3 cards reporting a balance.

This was a plain Platinum that started w/ $300 limit that was PC'd to a QS, got an early Credit Steps CLI of $100 ($300 > $400) and then when credit steps was complete I got another $100 ($400 > $500).

Anyway, total happy dance right now! This is my second $1k card now, but my only bankcard, and I couldn't be happier for the time being! I was getting terribly discouraged with my rebuild progress and this totally revived me!

Oooooooh lol congrats on the increase...

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.