Cap One Platinum Card, APPROVED!

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One Platinum Card, APPROVED!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Pmveezy wrote:

It's been a long, uphill battle rebuilding my credit over the past few years! I applied on Friday, it was pending a couple pay stubs.  I submitted the docs electronically and just now got the approval email with a $3k SL! Woot! I haven't had real CC in years, super happy! 

@Pmveezy Congrats on approval and very nice sl!

What scores did you have?

I didn't know they required POI to grant approval. Wonder if that's some new thing they doing now.

Last month when I applied, I also had to send in POI. That was the first I've ever had that with any card company. The approved it like the next day.

Might be a new trend. 

In fact I rather they do that (request paystubs) than request tax transcripts  because a lot of people's income change and the paystubs would reflect current info. So if that's the trend then more card issuers should incorporate that change instead of the more shared and invasive 4506 requests.

Message 11 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, grats on the very nice starting limit Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 24
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One Platinum approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 13 of 24
firefox100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Pmveezy wrote:

It's been a long, uphill battle rebuilding my credit over the past few years! I applied on Friday, it was pending a couple pay stubs.  I submitted the docs electronically and just now got the approval email with a $3k SL! Woot! I haven't had real CC in years, super happy! 

I didn't know they required POI to grant approval. Wonder if that's some new thing they doing now.

Last month when I applied, I also had to send in POI. That was the first I've ever had that with any card company. The approved it like the next day.

Yes things are changing, the banks have less trust in fico scores and the credit reports in the last year or so. There are lot of bad actors on you tube promoting fast and quick ways to bust fico scores. In the last couple of weeks My jewelers club and couple other companys in scores reporting high credit limits which are not realy high credit lines for UL trick have been taken down by reporting bureau's no longer reporting. Some banks are starting to go back to old school checking incomes. There is lot of credit fraud going on.

Message 14 of 24
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Pmveezy wrote:

Interesting, I applied for a Quicksilver card in December and my wife applied yesterday, both were approved, and neither required a POI.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 15 of 24
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 16 of 24
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 17 of 24
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

AU

Message 18 of 24
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 19 of 24
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.