cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One QS Rewards Visa approval on prequalify - biggest starting CL yet (in fact, biggest CL yet)!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One QS Rewards Visa approval on prequalify - biggest starting CL yet (in fact, biggest CL yet)!

I checked my Capital One prequalification offers yesterday and got a single-figure APR offer (19.24%) on a Quicksilver Rewards Visa, with 0% APR for the first 9 months, 3% BT fee in the same period, and $150 back on my first $500 spend in the first 3 months. I thought about it overnight, discussed it a bit in Credit Cards (I was thinking of BT'ing my current QS MC balance but unfortunately can't do that), thought about it some more since I do have a couple of other balances that could do with a lower APR, then decided to go ahead and apply.

Approved - $10K starting CL. This is the biggest starting CL I've had on any card since I began rebuilding my CL portfolio - in fact, this new card is now the biggest CL of all my cards (Penfed is now #2 at $7K)!!! With a CL this big and an APR that's among the best I have at this time, I can now consolidate several cards and save some money!

EDIT: That was fast - my new account has already been added to my Cap One summary, though of course the card won't arrive for another week to 10 days yet.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One QS Rewards Visa approval on prequalify - biggest starting CL yet (in fact, biggest CL ye

Congrats thats a great CL!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One QS Rewards Visa approval on prequalify - biggest starting CL yet (in fact, biggest CL ye

Congrats, Capital One hates me in regards to starting credit lines.

Message 3 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Cap One can be very generous.

Loyalty matters!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 8
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Great share! Keep up the good work Robot Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! That's a nice SL!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One wasted not a single moment - they apparently sent out my new card within hours of my being approved, and I got it today. It turns out to be a Visa Signature card with all the usual Signature benefits. Now I wonder if I can talk Penfed into upgrading my Power Cash Rewards to a Signature, too...

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats JoeSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.