Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One QS1 Credit Steps increase

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Cap One QS1 Credit Steps increase

Hey guys just wanted to share some data pts , so my fiancé got his CS increase just as his 6th statement cut . He started out with a 500 SL and after 3 statements he got a 100 dollar CLI and tonight he graduated his Credit Steps with a CL of 1100 dollars which was more than what they stated in the original email of 750 once he made 5 on time payments . He does have a small balance on this on bc it's 0% right now but anyways a 500 dollar CLI is good for us . Now next up is mine which will happen on the 14th of April . I only started with a 300 CL so I doubt I'll get up to 1k but I'll post back when it happens .
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One QS1 Credit Steps increase

Congrats ! On his increase! Although it was more than double, I feel like capital one have really tightened their increases lately... I used to read people getting larger credit limit increase after the credit steps... sisters got their cards increased to $4000 each on their credit steps after only having a $500 SL on each of their platinum and quicksilver cards. Capital one has been good D last 4 years but I'm not sure if anyone remembers when they used to never give increases. I'm hoping they don't go back to their old ways of approving with really low credit limits and no increases

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 2 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Me neither and I believe they are really getting thight with the CLI too , I read lots and lots of threats of ppl who once were done with CS to get several thousand dollar CLI , I'm just thankful we got more than we were told we would I guess
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to both of you, Aduke! Working together to rebuild your credit is turning out very nicely!

Keeping good thoughts for your success in April. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have worked so hard on your rebuild. We are all so proud of you. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!...keep up the good work..both of you..Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Wow that's great!  I got the Q1 in December but I didn't see anything about steps.  Was there suppose to be an insert with the card?  I don't think I'll be getting the 3rd statement treatment because I'm already there and haven't seen any increases. I have a $500 CL and my statements were Jan-0 balance, Feb-$145 balance, March-0 balance and now April-0 balance (cuts in 5 days).  

Message 7 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks to everyone for all your support and kind words , without the help of all of you on this forum we would not have made it this far 😊 And @RedE2move he got an email sometime after getting his QS1 but I never got the same email that he did , or any other communication about the Credit Steps Program but it is from my understanding everyone who is approved for the Platinum and QS1 are automatically enrolled in the CS program from what the rep on chat told me. Also he only got the 100 dollar CLI after his 3rd statement bc he submitted for a CLI after his statement cut . It's kind of a well known thing here if you are on the Credit Steps you can ASK for a CLI anytime bf your Credit Steps increase kicks In bc once they give you the increase for CS it is considered a CLI therefore you won't be able to do one again for 6 mths after that one . Of course not everyone is seeing many of the pre CS increases these days , I think it was a glitch that they must of figured out , sort of double dipping I guess . Also would like to mention that I have been turned down for my pre CS CLI bc of too many inquiries which I have seen lots of others mention about lately too . You can always go to your online acct and ask for an increase and see what happens , it will be automatic if it is approved , if it gives you any kind of review messages is 99% not approved . Sorry I hope this made sense if not there are lots of threads on here taking about it , just type in Pre Credit Steps increase for Cap one
Message 8 of 25
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Okay that's good to know.  In that case I think I'll just wait it out. They recently sent me a letter saying they wanted to help me with a car loan and I didn't even apply for one with them.  I guess they knew I was in the market for a replacement car.  Funny how they monitor you that way.  If they truly want to help me tho a CLI would be much nicer.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Lol I agree , I got a pre approval for an auto loan from them too but 4 mths AFTER I JUST GOT MY NEW CAR 🚗 🤣
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.