Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One QS1 Credit Steps increase

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One QS1 Credit Steps increase

Congrats on the CLI for your fiance. Yours should be nice and maybe before 4/14. I remember when I started lurking the site people were getting increases in the 1000's and had no use. I used to put big spent on mine but they are SD for now.
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Platinum card in Jan 2016, started with a CL of $300 and jumped up to $1300 at 6 mos and havent had a CLI since then. In May 2016 I got the QS1 with a starting CL of $750 and have not gotten a CLI. I have requested CLI's on both cards and been declined.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post like these give me hope that I may get more then just a $200 increase in July. Though it seems with these kinds of posts it's people rebuilding but have history. I don't really see any bigger then expected CS CLI for those just beginning with credit here which is the boat I am in. I spoke with a rep on the phone she said it's a predetermined amount that doesn't change. Yet we get these threads.... Makes me curious.
Message 13 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey Irkedredit we aren't rebuilding in the normal sense of the word , we are also "new" to credit cards with our oldest only being over a year old. We had collections and stuff from ID theft from my fiances Mom who stole his SSN and opened tons of stuff in his name . So that is the rebuild we had to do , the only Credit he has had prior to this last year was a secured loan . I will keep my fingers crossed for you though !
Message 14 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And thank you everyone for the kind words also @ Blackswizz yes ppl used to get very good CS increases but so far this year from what I'm seeing Cap One has tightened up on the increase amount , I'm hoping to atleast hit 1k after mine but that's a stretch
Message 15 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that Jvey1969 they have most definitely seemed to tighten up lately with the CLI
Message 16 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Keep it up Aduke! You guys are rebuilding nicely, much congrats Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks Pizza1 , aren't you from the KC area
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Aduke1122 it's impressive how far you've come so far. I'm going to continue to push all of my spending through my Quicksilver in hopes it'll meet me more then a $200 credit steps increase.
Message 19 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Let us know when it happens how it turns out and good luck 🍀
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.