Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One QS1 Future CLI Notice

tag
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Cap One QS1 Future CLI Notice

Brief history with Capital One. Had a secured card for $200 that I had to put a $99 deposit on 7 months ago in my rebuilding process and at the beginning of May I found out the card went unsecured one random day when I logged into my App and saw a $500 Credit Availability. I was notified by customer service it went unsecured and my $99 was being refunded in the next two months. Since I was starting to feel confident with my Ex FICO over 650 at this point with my EQ/TU in the 620's, I decided to apply for the Cap One QS1 and was approved for $300. I have had one month with this card which has been very nice, a little bit of cash back and I have been spending then paying it right off.

Well I just received this email from Capital One basically encouraging me to stick with it and also to let me know, after 5 on-time payments, I will automatically get a credit increase to $500 by December. Didn't mention anything about keeping a balance, utilization, nothing, just pay the minimum payment for 5 months and I will get an auto CLI.....anyone else seen this before? 

Needless to say I was happy. I've been in rebuilding mode for close to 2 years, after a horror show with student loans/bad car loan, My Credit Karma vantage was a 404 back in March of 2016. So to be in this spot, with also an Amex Green on my resume. I am one very happy Credit Rebuilder! I'm back in the garden and I'm looking at that CLI as my next goal. I recently had a Credit One card get an auto CLI from $300 to $500 and since I never use that card now, it's helping my utilization rates grow so much. Little by little, you really do just have to trust the process.

20180703_043052.jpg

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One QS1 Future CLI Notice

@CreditRebuilder2020

Congratulations on your rebuilding success! You're certainly on the right track.

To answer your question: This is the 1st time I've seen Cap1 put this in writing.

Use the card. Make 5 minimum payments on time. Earn an increase.

But mind you, this is a minimum standard. If you employ the AZEO

method to credit card management, chances are excellent that you will

accelerate this time table and earn CLIs even faster with higher FICOs.

Please keep us posted on your progress. Keep up the great work!

Message 2 of 4
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! And yes I'm aware this is a minimum standard and I could ask for a CLI, etc over then next few months.

The email notification was just kinda cool to see. I hadn't seen that before and for people who are in rebuilding mode, just an extra little nice way of keeping you focused on the right track Smiley Very Happy

Capital One has been so good to me and their customer service is outstanding. 

When you're coming back from the pitts of hell, these little niceities mean so much. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 3 of 4
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

Congrats! You're right on track. Yes, this is common with capital one with their starter cards; it's called their "steps program" you just make your payments on time and the give you a set limit increase; it's pretty cool. With your scores though and continuing upward, you should be able to double dip and get an increase at three months also

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.