Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Savior Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Savior Approval

You good folks have helped me with my rebuilding and rebuiliding questions, the hardest part is actually following the advice and being patient!! But here we go.

1 year ago:

-Auto loan 12% APR

-Opened CapOne Plat $300 SL unsecured, went to $500 CL with credit steps, PC to QS

-Opened NFCU Secured card $300 deposit, in 7 months graduated to a $2k cashreward unsecured.

This week:

-NFCU autorefi denied (bummed)

-NFCU CLI request denied, CLI recon also denied (bummed)

-NFCU MoreRewards app denied, recon also denied (extra duper bummed) "we must stand by our original decision"

-CapOne QS CLI to $600 (a little bummed but I took the CLI)

-CapOne auto refi APPROVED 6% APR 

Enter The Savior to save me from all these NFCU denials.

Out of nowhere I get an email from CapOne stating I'm prequalified for SavorOne, 9 months 0% intro apr, 24.99% apr after. Now I had 0 intention on apping for a SavorOne anytime soon due to 1) lack of prequal option for Savor/Venture on website 2) fear of being a bucketed card and 3) CapOne's reputation on CLIs. I had my focus on MoreRewards. After comparing the 2 it looked like SavorOne rewards are almost as good as MoreRewards including having entertainment at 3% (making SavorOne the card to have for entertainment) so I decided to go for it. Current total util 45% and $7 available credit on QS. I apped through the prequalifed link in the email and..

APPROVED!!! $3,000 SL

It's a great day to be a CapOne customer, an auto refi dropping 6 points on my APR and my best CC to date! The Savior!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One Savior Approval

Congratulations on your CAP ONE approvals and year over year progress! 👍

Message 2 of 27
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. Its a good card when the limit is a limit like yours.

Don't get to worried with NFCU. Just read their letter and try again in 6 months.

Message 3 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Wow many can definitely relate to your (bummed out) times over on trying for at least an approval or CLI on the others.

But so glad for you that Capital One came thru with the approval for the Savor Card.

Against all odds you managed to pull that one out to your favor. Congratulations!!

Message 4 of 27
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You good folks have helped me with my rebuilding and rebuiliding questions, the hardest part is actually following the advice and being patient!! But here we go.

1 year ago:

-Auto loan 12% APR

-Opened CapOne Plat $300 SL unsecured, went to $500 CL with credit steps, PC to QS

-Opened NFCU Secured card $300 deposit, in 7 months graduated to a $2k cashreward unsecured.

This week:

-NFCU autorefi denied (bummed)

-NFCU CLI request denied, CLI recon also denied (bummed)

-NFCU MoreRewards app denied, recon also denied (extra duper bummed) "we must stand by our original decision"

-CapOne QS CLI to $600 (a little bummed but I took the CLI)

-CapOne auto refi APPROVED 6% APR 

Enter The Savior to save me from all these NFCU denials.

Out of nowhere I get an email from CapOne stating I'm prequalified for SavorOne, 9 months 0% intro apr, 24.99% apr after. Now I had 0 intention on apping for a SavorOne anytime soon due to 1) lack of prequal option for Savor/Venture on website 2) fear of being a bucketed card and 3) CapOne's reputation on CLIs. I had my focus on MoreRewards. After comparing the 2 it looked like SavorOne rewards are almost as good as MoreRewards including having entertainment at 3% (making SavorOne the card to have for entertainment) so I decided to go for it. Current total util 45% and $7 available credit on QS. I apped through the prequalifed link in the email and..

APPROVED!!! $3,000 SL

It's a great day to be a CapOne customer, an auto refi dropping 6 points on my APR and my best CC to date! The Savior!!

Congrats @Anonymous  on your success and a very nice SL!!

I second this emotion (It's a great day to be a CapOne customer) They just gave me an auto CLI of 3000 a few minutes ago.

Message 5 of 27
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

APPROVED!!! $3,000 SL

I second this emotion (It's a great day to be a CapOne customer) They just gave me an auto CLI of 3000 a few minutes ago.

Uh, huh, me too I want some too! I just don't have any CapOne products. 😕

Congratulations on your recent Limit increase @Iusedtolurk !

Message 6 of 27
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP.

Hang in there and be patient.

It only gets better!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 27
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Credit4Growth wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

APPROVED!!! $3,000 SL

Uh, huh, me too I want some too! I just don't have any CapOne products. 😕

Congratulations on your recent Limit increase @Iusedtolurk !

@Credit4GrowthThank you! It was definitely a good way to start the day.

Message 8 of 27
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations @Anonymous. And you're right "it's a good day to be a CO customer" for you! Enjoy your new APR and SavorOne card.

NFCU will come around.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.