Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture Massive SL

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Cap One Venture Massive SL

Was prequalified for the Quicksilver One and Platinum and decided to cold app for the Venture. Did not get an instant approval but just received the approval letter with $30k as my SL . Got the offer for the 50K miles after $3k spend.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Venture Massive SL

Congratulations!  Can you provide any data points?  

Message 2 of 12
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@ChessChik47 wrote:

Congratulations!  Can you provide any data points?  

Thanks. Lots and lots of inquiries, AAoA ~2 years, 730+ scores, lots of new accounts.

Message 3 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP. Starting limits like that on the Venture card are few and far between nowadays. And be sure you make good use of that line--because Cap One has been reviewing people's accts. lately and cutting limits down to $10K or less of people who don't utilize their cards enough.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding SL. Congratulations.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jacetx wrote:

Was prequalified for the Quicksilver One and Platinum and decided to cold app for the Venture. Did not get an instant approval but just received the approval letter with $30k as my SL . Got the offer for the 50K miles after $3k spend.

WOW! That's crazy considering they only pre-approved you for their subprime cards that will max get an SL of $3,000 or so. You got 10x that! Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good use for sure or it won't stay at 30k for long. Today I purposely put a BT offer of 18 months at 0%. I BT'd 17K on my $28750 Venture. I will pay it by the time the 18 months is up, maybe sooner. Yes it's at 64%, but ZERO balances on every other card. My total UTI is 8%. I will take a score hit but don't care.

And as soon as the 2% fee posts, I will pay it. They love that.

I do this with Cap1 and they seem to leave me alone and always offer me the 18 months BT offer.

Just use them to keep your SL.

Watch, now they will CLD me..lol...
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your other limits like if you don't mind me asking?

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on massive sl indeed. 2017 Cap One not the same as 2016 Cap One but nice to have a 30k cardSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
jacetx
Valued Contributor

A couple cards $10k, another $15k, and the rest +$20k.

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your other limits like if you don't mind me asking?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.