cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture...approved, then cancelled?

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap One Venture...approved, then cancelled?

Capital One issue you the approval. Final!

The CSR who fed you that line is out in left field (as usual).

Contact someone in Capital One's Fraud Department and make your grievance with THEM (in the USA) accept no outsourced correspondence.

I found their Fraud Department here in the USA very helpful even in the midst of confusion which also happened to me (differently) when I got my 2nd Cap One card.

It was on my very first charge it got declined and I went through an entire week of submitting identity documents (no big deal, FAX then follow up they got them) and if they need you to do it again a second time (which happens) then just do it again. They won't ask a third time.

Not doubting you at all OP but seems strange if the approval was reversed which shouldn't happen. (not saying it can't)

The Fraud Department at Capital One should help you get to the bottom of matters. If not, then something is unusual indeed.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I go about finding the US fraud dept?

It's just so weird. I kept asking over and over "what KIND of fraud"

they'd say 
ma'am, I can not give you any more information, it was closed due to fraud"

**bleep**!

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

unrelated...but why does it say bleep in my last post?

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a got a call (USA based, thankfully) from the FB message I sent them over the weekend. She said she needs my DL and she can talk further on what's happening and see if she can help. I also sent an email to  the EO. So we'll see!

Message 14 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Maybe someone has a different route they can offer you, but if they said you would receive a call then you should get a call within say 3 days or so if not sooner.

You can also call C1 and straightway ask to be transferred to the Capital One Fraud Dept. and state that it is on a very important business matter (which it is).

It should be as simple as that unless something is changed with them.

Message 15 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so I've been slowly over the last 6 years digging myself out of my credit hellhole. In one year, all bad things will be gone off of my credit report. As of now, there is one old judgement (over 6 years ago) and a small collections of $230 that I refuse to pay because they screwed up. That will be off in one year as well. 

So my husband, who has literally perfect credit, added me to his cap one card a month or so ago. He's had it for years and has a 19k limit. That gave my credit score an instant amazing boost from low 500's to mid/upper 600s!  

So in an effort to start rebuilding it myself, I applied through experian for a cap one venture rewards card, was instantly approved for a 5k limit!  I was shocked and super happy. I immediatly set up my online account, downloaded the app and waited for the card. I got the email a few days later saying it was shipped. On Firday I got it, yea!  I didn't immediatly activate it, but attempted to the next day. I was having trouble with the online activation site (couldn't get logged in, got a dns error page), which seemed like it might be part of the DDoS attack on Friday as others were siting issues as well. 

So I called. They immediatly sent me over to the fraud dept!  

They asked what I wanted, I said I was just trying to activate my new card. They told me no, it was cancelled. I asked why, they said because fraud. Um ok, what type of fraud, the account is less than a few days old. They wouldn't tell me. So I said, well, can you send me a new card number, they said NO that the entire account had been cancelled and was no more and that I would have to reapply!  I said that' absurd, it would make ANOTHER hard pull within days of the one they just did. I pretty much got a too bad for you vibe from them (I could barely understand them anyway, why must they always be India call centers). 

Has anyone heard of this??  I finally had to send a fb message in an attempt to get any sort of answers. They claim they will call me. Well see. 

Thoughts!

Believe it or not, working with them through their Facebook page is actually the best way to get the higher level customer service. I feel confident that once they straighten out whatever the "fraud" thing was, you'll get your card again.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 25
someg33k
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so I've been slowly over the last 6 years digging myself out of my credit hellhole. In one year, all bad things will be gone off of my credit report. As of now, there is one old judgement (over 6 years ago) and a small collections of $230 that I refuse to pay because they screwed up. That will be off in one year as well. 

So my husband, who has literally perfect credit, added me to his cap one card a month or so ago. He's had it for years and has a 19k limit. That gave my credit score an instant amazing boost from low 500's to mid/upper 600s!  

So in an effort to start rebuilding it myself, I applied through experian for a cap one venture rewards card, was instantly approved for a 5k limit!  I was shocked and super happy. I immediatly set up my online account, downloaded the app and waited for the card. I got the email a few days later saying it was shipped. On Firday I got it, yea!  I didn't immediatly activate it, but attempted to the next day. I was having trouble with the online activation site (couldn't get logged in, got a dns error page), which seemed like it might be part of the DDoS attack on Friday as others were siting issues as well. 

So I called. They immediatly sent me over to the fraud dept!  

They asked what I wanted, I said I was just trying to activate my new card. They told me no, it was cancelled. I asked why, they said because fraud. Um ok, what type of fraud, the account is less than a few days old. They wouldn't tell me. So I said, well, can you send me a new card number, they said NO that the entire account had been cancelled and was no more and that I would have to reapply!  I said that' absurd, it would make ANOTHER hard pull within days of the one they just did. I pretty much got a too bad for you vibe from them (I could barely understand them anyway, why must they always be India call centers). 

Has anyone heard of this??  I finally had to send a fb message in an attempt to get any sort of answers. They claim they will call me. Well see. 

Thoughts!

Believe it or not, working with them through their Facebook page is actually the best way to get the higher level customer service. I feel confident that once they straighten out whatever the "fraud" thing was, you'll get your card again.

+1

Do exactly this!

I have had my best success with getting things resolved with them via Facebook team. Those folks have been fantastic in my experience.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm back on track!

I talked with a lady yesterday, sent her my DL and she just called me back. Said there might have just been some discrepencies on my report, I said, nope, I pull them 1-2 times a year.

Then just as we were getting done and she was trying to activate my card, she said there was a fraud note attached to the card. She said "it looks like there is a note that someone called you on the 0825 number, isn't that the one we're on now?'  I said yup. She said looks like they called that number on the 17th and that "you" had talked to "Rhonda" and said no card was ordered"  I said, nope, no one called me or talked to me.

So ALL of this because "Rhonda" dialed the wrong **bleep** number?  Did they not verify name? Number? Anything????

So dumb.

Anywho's, this lady was super duper awesome, she is expediting me another card since this one has a fraud alert on it and she doesn't want me to have issues with it.

So YEAH!  Contact these cc companies on FB whenever you can!

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 2015 my husband applied for a Venture and received $15k starting limit. 31 days alter applied for a Venture One and got a $10k starting limit. A few days after the card was shipped we notifed online the account was listed as 'suspended.' A quick call to the fraud department to verify the application was initiated by him and that we had answered application questions correctly... and within minutes the account was reinstated and we recieved the card the next day.

Not a 'cancelled' situaition but the reps at CapOne were helpful and friendly.

Message 19 of 25
Pway
Valued Contributor

OP, I am happy to hear that you was able to get the issue resolved.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.